Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employment Denied by USCIS

Hi All,

My OPT just got expired today. But I already have OPT STEM extension card with me. Few days back I joined new employer which is an e-verified company. Just yesterday I got notification from our HR dept. that I am being denied for employment by USCIS. And they have no idea why it is getting rejected.

I called DSO at my university and she told me that since I already have extension card and employer is an e-verified company there shouldn't be any issues.

Now this is really frustrating for me since nobody seems to know what is wrong with it and why I am being denied even though I have work authorization ??

If someone can give me some insight then I will really appreciate it.

-Jack

That is a common problem. Whenever e-Verify throws up a 'tentative denial', there are instructions on what the employee needs to do in the denial letter that the system produces. There is a phone number that you will need to call and they will set up everything.
    To make sure you are producing the correct documents. Your EAD should be the only primary and secondary ID document that you are using as both ID and employment authorization. You may use any other ID as primary, but EAD must be one of the two documents.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X