Toruist Visa for India at San Francisco but one Document

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toruist Visa for India at San Francisco but one Document

Hello, My name is Ms. B A Amin, I came in United State in 1985. Consulate of India Issued tourist visa for 10 year twice to on my old (expired) and new US Passport. My last visa was expired in 2009. I applied tourist visa yesterday for 5 Years. This time they asked for one of the following document copy of my green card, the Entry stamp when I was arrived in US (Old India Passport that was issued in 1984, I lost that passport since last 15 years), copy of my EAD, or copy of I 130 that my husband filed in 1984. I have the affidavit of my lost Indian passport with two witnessed signed and notarized by lawyers. In my affidavit I clearly written how I came to US and what was my passport number on what date I came to US etc… I have photocopy of the my lost Indian passport first two pages (Thank to god) but I don’t have the page of Entry stamp of US Visa.
    Consulate of India already issued visa twice for 10 year each on those document in past. They are asking for those documents year 1985 I don’t have any document they asked right now. For I 130 USCIS say it will take around 3 months or more than that and I want to go to India in 15 march 2011.

I called to Travisa Outsourcing and explain my case. They also understand this is legitimate case. They also realized to obtaining 1985 documents. They told me still they are asking for one of the document but we can try but they might ask for that document. Travisa customer rep asked about my birth certificate and I said yes I do have the birth certificate, school leaving certificate and my old Indian passport copy and all other documents. They said send the application and let see what consulate of India can do on this. I am in US since last 26 years and I had never this problem but now to get document like 26 year old its something hard nut to crack for me. I am praying that they will issue my visa and some reason I need to visit India in 15th march 2011.

Any suggestion on this? Is anybody had any problem like this.

Any help on this greatly appreciated
    Thanks

I suggest you wait until March 8 when the Indian Consulate San Francisco operations shift to Travisa outsourcing.

So far, several Indian consulates have outsourced their operations to Travisa and we have been monitoring the requirements. I observed that different requirements of various consulates are getting merged into one set of procedures which started as per Washington DC embassy instructions. When they added Houston, no change. After that, when they added New York, no change.

Hopefully, when they add San Francisco, there would be no change. In that case, you don't even to submit I-130 related documents and other such documents that you are having trouble obtaining and only San Francisco consulate these requirements.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Admin

Brother, I already applied for tourist visa on 21st Feb 2011 and got email back from Travisa outsource about asking document for Lawful entry in US is missing. I called to Travisa outsource and they said we will hold your application for 28 days. You need to submit one of the following document copy of US visa stamp or I 130 or copy of GC or EAD. Dam all documents they are asking was issued in 1983-84. This is headache dam stupid service. Being in US since 26 years two US Passport expired they never asked this nonsense stuff.

I think visa service is already outsource by consulate of India, San Francisco. I filled online application through Travisa outsource website and send to Travisa address and got emails from Travisa. I think they outsource the visa work. But still they are following san Francisco visa requirement.
      You are right Washington DC. Houston, New York embassy has same document requirements but San Francisco they are stupid n unique.
      I need to visit india in three week of March without fail and I don't know what to do. I applied for G639 form in USCIS but it will take 1 month. Contacted American consulate of India Bombay they said we need to check if we are able to get you a copy of your first US Visa stamp.

Help any suggestion.
      Thanks
      Amrish

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X