Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving birth to baby in US while on Visitor's Visa

Hi

I want to ask you that if a person comes to this country as a tourist and give birth to a baby here. What would be the status of that kid. Is he/she going to be Citizen of this country or that kid will be holding the same nationality as his/her parents will be holding that time.

And please let me know what would be the changes in this rule in future. Because I have heard that Our President Mr.Obama will make changes in it in coming future or maybe he has changed it already. I will really appreciate if you will reply as soon as possible.

Waiting For Your Reply
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Currently, if the baby is born in the U.S., it is U.S. citizen.

We have no way to know what kind of changes would be made for sure in the future.
    Immihelp Support

Comment

My relatives came to the US on a F1 visa and the mother is planning to give birth here in the US because she feels safer with giving birth here rather than giving birth in Africa, where she feels not safe for the baby

The mother received emergency care after applying for free care as the couple doesn't have the money to pay for all the expenses, will that be a problem in the future?

Will there be a problem at the port of entry when the couple is planning to leave the US or re-enter after giving birth?

Comment

1. Yes.
        2. Yes.
        Immihelp Support

Comment

Originally posted by immihelp View Post
          1. Yes.
          2. Yes.
          What about if a B1/B2 visa holder gave birth in the US and personally paid the hospital bills for childbirth, will it create complications for the parents current B1/B2 visa status? Can the parents reject the automatic birthright of their child born in the USA and instead obtain the citizenship of the parents home country?

Comment

Originally posted by montanovaa View Post
            What about if a B1/B2 visa holder gave birth in the US and personally paid the hospital bills for childbirth, will it create complications for the parents current B1/B2 visa status?
            Shouldn't

Can the parents reject the automatic birthright of their child born in the USA and instead obtain the citizenship of the parents home country?
            Maybe. Depends on the country.

Comment

Parents CANNOT reject birthright citizenship for the child. He/she will be a US citizen whether they like it or not. Bear that in mind. The child can decide when he/she gets older whether or not he/she wants to renounce it or not.

As for the OP, there is NO sign that the president will change the law.

Comment

my wife and me are travelling to US on here #8 month, we have a valid medical insurance there and could have a proof of fund. What if we admit at the boarder that we are here to give birht. is there something illegal about that that the office my deny or entery ?
                What else is possible to do on order to make it safely
                Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X