Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa then PIO - while in India

Hi
    I have one month old son and waiting for his passport to come within a week (by End of Feb 2011).
    I am planning to apply for his Visa in person (So, at the most – I will get the Visa By 3rd March 2011 hopefully.)
    My son is planning to go to India in mid of March 2011, and he might stay there for more than 6 months depending upon circumstances.
    Question.
    1 –
    Can I apply for his PIO in USA while he is India on a tourist visa?
    (I am not sure if I have to submit his original passport while applying for PIO card)
    2 Can I apply for his PIO in India as soon as he reaches India ( so less than a year stay), while he is in India on a tourist visa?
    I read on website that
    POI can be applied in India if Applicants already in India on Long Term Visa (more than one year) - And I wanted to apply for his PIO in India as soon as possible.

Your suggestion/help is greatly appreciated for our planning.

Thanks & Regards
    Last edited by indhelp; 02-24-2011, 08:05 PM.

If you are thinking of applying PIO, obviously, your son must be of Indian origin. That means, he will get only Entry visa, which is a long term visa.

Just because the person is on long term visa does not mean the person actually needs to stay in India for one year before applying for PIO.

You can apply for his PIO as soon as you reach India.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Immihelp.
      What I get from from your response is that - it is possible to send my son on a tourist visa (of six months) and as soon as he reaches India, we can apply for his PIO card in India.
      Is my understanding correct?
      regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X