Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using PO Box as I-485 and I-765 address ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using PO Box as I-485 and I-765 address ?

I am concurrently applying for I-485, I-130 and I-765. However, I will be moving during the process (after 2 months). Fearing that my mails and EAD card etc might get lost or not get forwarded and sent back to USCIS, I have decided to get a PO BOX which won't change during the entirety of this procedure.

So, Can I put the PO BOX address for I-485 and I-765 since they DO NOT specify mailing or residential address ? Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks

Originally posted by NYC4Life View Post
    I am concurrently applying for I-485, I-130 and I-765. However, I will be moving during the process (after 2 months). Fearing that my mails and EAD card etc might get lost or not get forwarded and sent back to USCIS, I have decided to get a PO BOX which won't change during the entirety of this procedure.

So, Can I put the PO BOX address for I-485 and I-765 since they DO NOT specify mailing or residential address ? Please help, it's urgent.

Thanks
    As far as I know you have to have a physical mailing address but then I have seen some who say PO box is ok.

Comment

Nyc4life

Yes you can use a PO Box, for receiving mails from USCIS. The importance of having an address is so that you can get your mail and if your case is to go to immigration court there will be no defense strategy of saying that you did not receive your RFE, NOA or NOID etc.

Lionofafrica

Comment

Originally posted by lionofafrica View Post
        Yes you can use a PO Box, for receiving mails from USCIS. The importance of having an address is so that you can get your mail and if your case is to go to immigration court there will be no defense strategy of saying that you did not receive your RFE, NOA or NOID etc.

Lionofafrica
        The G-325 A and even I-130 asks for Residential addresses eg: Where does your Relative plan on living ? When was the last time you lived together ?

Your residential address of past 5 years : (ON G-325 A)

Its because of these reasons I thought using PO BOX would be ok. And, the USCIS Customer service representative said, what you put on those forms is where things will be mailed.

Thank you so much for confirming that I can use PO BOX. MY petitioner ( USC wife) has her residential address on I-130 Petitioner "Information about You" side.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X