B1-B2 on 2 nd attempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1-B2 on 2 nd attempt

Hello - I got my B1/B2 on 2nd attempt in Sep 2009. I went through the BEP route the second time. I went to the US in Dec 2009 and returned in Dec 2009.

I intend to apply for a F-1 visa. I have adequate financial evidence. In the 1st attempt my B1/B2 application was refused under Sec 214 (B), so do I have a reason to be worried about my F-1 visa application?

I am carrying a Valuation certifcate of my propert along with its lease deed. I am single and my parents expired back in 2008. What else can i carry for the F-1 interview to demostrate ties to the home country?

Kindly advise.

regards
    Last edited by garun1979; 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: additional info

There is nothing specific to carry, but you should have convincing and truthful answers for 'why will you return to India?', 'Why this university?', 'why this program?', 'what will you do after the program?' etc.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      There is nothing specific to carry, but you should have convincing and truthful answers for 'why will you return to India?', 'Why this university?', 'why this program?', 'what will you do after the program?' etc.
      Thank you Sir! I will work on appropriate answers to these questions. What are chances of my F1 getting rejected? cos I did have my Tourist visa rejected once.

However I got a 10 year multiple entry B1/B2 later. I visited the US once after that in 2009. Does this help improve my chances of getting a F1 visa approved? I also have a 50 percent scholarship, which again should be looked by the VO favorably. Am i right? I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X