F1 Visa - Employed on Unemployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa - Employed on Unemployed

Yesterday on March 25, I scheduled my visa interview. Only once we print the DS 160, we can schedule the interview as we need the CCEA code for scheduling the visa interview. Now it so happens that my last day with the current employer is 31st March, but as of today I am employed so I filled the form saying I am employed. But my visa interview is scheduled for April 1st and I would be unemployed then.

Since i could not get a visa intvw appoitment on or before 31st March, I also tried showing mself as unemployed in the DS-160 but once i gave my last date of employment as March 31st, the app system wont let me process it cos the last date of employment cannot be later than the day on which you fill the DS-160.

Logically it isnt a problem cos I am employed at this point in time when I filled the form. And only once i printed the form, I realised that i could not get a date before 31st march. But to be on the safer side, can the VO think that am lying? Please advise.

That's fine. Either enter no end date for employment or fill today's date. It is not a big deal.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
      That's fine. Either enter no end date for employment or fill today's date. It is not a big deal.
      Thank you Sir! I have another query. What are the chances of my F1 getting rejected? cos I did have my Tourist visa rejected once. However after that I got a 10 year multiple entry B1/B2 visa through the BEP route. I visited the US once after that in 2009 for a vacation with my friends and not on business. I returned within 11 days. Does this previous record help improve my chances of getting a F1 visa approved? I also have a 50 percent scholarship, which again should be looked by the VO favorably. Am i right? I look forward to your reply.

Regards

Comment

Yes, your previous return will be seen favorably. Funding is also important.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X