Hello all, I need some advice on my situation.
My Canadian PR application for Skilled Worker category is in process and I recently got my medical done. Hoping if the application process goes well for myself and my spouse, we should be getting a request to come to Canada.
1) How long of a period does one have normally after they get a request to land in Canada?
2) Why do we have to go to Canada? It is solely for the purpose of paying them the landing fee and receiving our PR card?
3) Also, I believe that recently there have been some law changes, which allows a PR to leave Canada for up to 2 years without any request to leave. Is this correct?
I am on H1-B and my wife is on OPT and her F1 is expiring on May 2007. I do not have an H1-B visa stamp on my passport.
1) Will I have to apply for H1-b visa stamp in Canada? Or Do I have the option to enter the US without a visa as long as its within one month from the date of departure.
2) Will my spouse have to apply for a visa to enter the US as well?
3) What are some suggestions you would have for me if you all were in similar situation?
You help would be highly appreciated.