Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Restructuring and Impacts to H1B Stamping

Hi,
    I am planning a trip to India beginnning of May 2011. I currently work with "Company A" and have received my H1B extension (3 years due to an approved I-140). During my trip I will have to go for my H1B stamping (and H4 for my wife) at the Chennai consulate.

Just recently, I received an email from my company saying that as part of a corporate reorganization I will henceforth be an employee of "Company B". Both "Company A" and "Company B" are part of a bigger primary US holding company.

The company has indicated that they will be filing I-140 amendment petition for all employees currently holding approved I-140 petition under "Company A" (which includes me).

Appreciate your thoughts and suggestions on how this restructuring will impact my Visa stamping process, what additional documents I would need to carry due to this transition (in adiition to the other regular documents) etc. Also would the I-140 amendment cause any trouble for me since there is only a month time for my visit?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X