X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer

Hello -

Can anybody help me in my situation?

I just have started my H1 with an employer and I do have a very good offer from a different employer.

I have only 2 months of pay stubs, Can I transfer my h1 from my current employer to new employer with only 2 pay stubs ( monthly pay stubs)?

Thanks,
    SA.

If you were in H1B status for only 2 months, then ofcourse you can transfer to a different employer with just the 2 months of pay slips.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I entered to US on last week of Jan 2011, I started working from Feb01st 2011 and have pay stubs for Feb and March 2011, In this case, will my h1 transfer approved by USCIS?

Comment

Why didn't you get paid for that last week of January? When you are in H1B status, you need to be working and get paid from day 1. There are chances that your transfer will get approved. However, if USCIS sends an RFE to prove that you were actually in status from day 1 on H1B, then there could be issues with a successful transfer.

If you decide to try your luck, then it is advisable to join the new employer only after a successful transfer. If you join them with just the receipt notice and later if the transfer gets rejected, then you will be in trouble.

Originally posted by softshaik View Post
        I entered to US on last week of Jan 2011, I started working from Feb01st 2011 and have pay stubs for Feb and March 2011, In this case, will my h1 transfer approved by USCIS?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X