Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• indian passport for child without father's signature

Hi all,

I am an Indian citizen and have been married for the past 5 years and have a son of age 3. My husband and I have been staying separately for the past 4 years after he physically and emotionally abused me even during my pregnancy. We are not divorced and he is living abroad right now and I have no information regarding his address or contact number. My son needs an Indian passport this year as we have travel plans next year. Our initial passport application was rejected since the father's signature was required. I was wondering if anyone was in a similar situation and if there is any way around this problem. Thanks for your time.

Only way is if you have complete custody of the child. If not, you would need the signature and also an authorization to allow to take the baby out of the country.

Many people in US run into the same ordeal and unless they have a court ordered full custody, they are stuck in the situation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X