No announcement yet.

Is GRE/TOEFL Mandatory for F1 if you are in US for 4 Yrs and already in School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is GRE/TOEFL Mandatory for F1 if you are in US for 4 Yrs and already in School

Guys,

My wife is on F1 status currently. She came to US on H4 4 yrs back and later on she moved to F1 after I got my GC. Now we are planning to go to Inidia for vacation. Does GRE/TOEFL is mandatory for every F1 student? Or GRE/TOEFL is not required if you are living in US for certain time period? Any suggestions are highly appreciated..

Thanks,
    Rajesh
    Last edited by rajakoneti; 04-19-2011, 03:38 AM.

GRE is not required for F1 visa as such. The I-20 mentions if the student has English proficiency or not, so that takes care of TOEFL.
    However, schools that do not require GRE are normally shady and consular officers are aware of such schools. They sometimes consider that going to such schools is not for education but for employment/immigration etc. and hence deny the Visa. Which school/program does she attend?
    Also, your wife will have to write your status as LPR on her application. That will also create immigrant intent denial risk for her.
    Have you filed immigrant petition for her? How are the priority dates on that?
    Last edited by kabkaba; 04-19-2011, 12:56 PM.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X