Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport sent in mail without visa

Hello Experts,

My passport was kept back after my interview 3 days ago. Today, I got my passport back but there is no visa stamp. There is also no explanation as to why my passport was'nt stamped. Does anyone know what it could be?

Thank you

What type visa did you attend and how did the interview go?
    so that we can figure out whats going on?

Comment

Passport sent in mail without visa

I applied for F1 (renewal). I thought my visa was approved because my interview went very well. Moreover, I just needed visa till Dec 2011. So I did'nt really see any problem with my case. I thought this was very strange of them. They kept my passport and sent it back after 3 days without any stamp. Any personal experiences?

Thanks

Comment

You should call VFS and send an email to the consulate asking for reason for denial. Is your previous F1 visa valid?
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
          You should call VFS and send an email to the consulate asking for reason for denial. Is your previous F1 visa valid?
          Hello Kabkaba,

I called VFS Delhi today and they told me that I was denied under 214b. I don't understand why they kept my passport if they had to deny visa in the first place? I am left with just 1 course and my current visa has already expired in January 2011 and I left the country before it expired.

Could you please share any experiences or insight as to what I should do. I am absolutely clueless at this point. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Comment

What school and program were you attending? What questions were asked? Did they say that your visa was granted?

Comment

Originally posted by kabkaba View Post
              What school and program were you attending? What questions were asked? Did they say that your visa was granted?
              Hello Kabkaba

I am enrolled in Texas Southern University in their MS in MIS program. I took break from Spring 2011 semester because the course that I left with was not being offered in Spring and it was too late to apply to any other school as transient student and finish my degree. I am visiting India after 3 years. Before this visit, I had been visiting India every 5-6 month. I even stayed back home for the entire duration of summer 2007.

I have been in US for 5 years now.

I filled my DS 160 truthfully. Disclosed my OPT experience as well. All my entries and exits.

Here is how my interview go:

Me: Confidently, Good Morning Sir, How are you?
              VO: Good Morning Mam, Very well, How are you?

Me: Very Well Sir, Thank you

VO: So what's the purpose of your visit?
              Me: Studies

(At this time he starts looking at my I-20)

VO: What are you Studying?
              Me: I am pursuing MS in MIS

VO: Which School?
              Me: Texas Southern University

VO: Who is paying for your education?
              Me: My father

VO: Tell me about your interests in MIS?
              Me: Sir, I already have an MBA.. VO intrupts me and asks where did you do your MBA from?
              Me: SUNY Oswego.

VO: Okay, go on..
              Me: I continued saying that since I already have an MBA I believed that MIS would suit my profile and add to it which is why I decided to pursue it. I am learning a lot of new things about Information Systems, technologies so on and so forth and I find it very interesting

VO: What will you do after?
              Me: I will join my Dad's business after I finish my MS. Sir I would like to apply my MBA and MIS skills to further my Dad's business. (He is constantly typing something, not sure what)

VO: What does your Dad do?
              Me: Sir My dad has stores of electronic appliances. (He is submerged in typing something) and then almost as if he was blank he looked at me and asked - you said electronic stores right? - I said yes Sir) He typed again.

VO: Looks at his computer screen and asks how long will you need the visa for?
              Me: Sir approximately 5 months. (My I-20 has program end date of no later than dec 2011. But in my DS 160 I entered 5 months of intended duration of stay since I was just left with 1 course and I thought if I enter my intended duration of stay till dec 2011 the visa officer might get red flags and ask me why you need visa till dec 2011 if you are left with just 1 course. So I mentioned only 5 months )

VO: looks at his screen and my I-20 and says so you will need it till Dec 2011 right?
              Me: Yes sir (I did'nt want to dwell on the intended duration of stay because then he would have asked me about my semester break) My school had scared me about semester break and not getting visa due to the break

VO: He finally stops typing and looks at me and says thank you mam, you have a good day! and keeps my passport along with my docs in the passport bin.
              Me: With a smile (sure that my visa was approved) thank you so much sir! You too have a nice day!

that how it went

Would you please advice me as to what I should do? Should I apply again in a matter of days or should I wait for couple of months.

Comment

Looks like you made a lot of mistakes.
                1. MBA and MIS in an electronics store? Really?
                2. Did you inform your DSO about the break before leaving the US?

You can try again in a month or so. But prepare better answers this time.

Comment

Thank you so much Kabkaba for your valuable input.

No I did not inform the VO about my break from spring semester. I am a very dilligent student with 4.0 GPA. But I never got a chance to show the VO that I am serious about my studies. In hindsight, I could have answered my questions differenty. But I really doubt that I can change my answers now because I am pretty sure that the VO was typing my answers. Just now I noticed that I even made a mistake in my DS 160, I did not enter one of my arrivals in US which made the gap seem longer. Also I believe I did not visit home in 3 years that might have been a red flag if the VO looked at my travel history.

However, I don't think I made a mistake in saying that I want to join my dad's business because I want to help my father take his business further. We have stores of electronic appliances and I believe I can contribute a lot with my education and experience. (like building a database, supply chain etc) thats why I said I wanted to join my dad's business.

Comment

Visa Reapplication - what do I need to bring with me to the interview?

Hello Experts,

My F1 visa was denied on April 19, 2011 under 214(b). After the interview my passport was retained and was sent back in mail after 3 days along with a 214(b) booklet. (If you so wish, kindly refer to the previous posts for my visa interview summary)

Now I plan to go for the interview again in a few days (have not booked a date yet as all the dates for New Delhi counslate have been booked since May 21.)

Please advice as to what documents I should bring with me to show change in my cirumstances. I plan to bring the following documents to the interview:

1. A letter from my Program Director stating that I have performed very well in the program and the reason why I had to take a break from the spring 2011 semester.

2. A C.A letter stating the worth of my father's resedential as well as commercial property (strong ties to home country)

Kindly advice if I should bring any additional documents with me to make my case stronger. Also, I recon that the VO usually asks the "what has changed since your last application" questions in most of the 214(b) reappliation cases. Any advice as to how I should address that since nothing really has changed in my circumstances?

I am just left with one course to graduate and I really do not wish to get another denial. My graduation is in jeopardy.

Any help on this matter is much appreciated..

Comment

any suggestions? I'd appreciate it very much.

Comment

Just be straight forward and honest and also tell the Consular Officer the various reasons why you would like to work with your father (like you stated here).

Comment

Originally posted by Femiluv View Post
                          Just be straight forward and honest and also tell the Consular Officer the various reasons why you would like to work with your father (like you stated here).
                          Thank you, really apppreciate your reply

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X