Successful H1B stamping at Matamoros Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Successful H1B stamping at Matamoros Mexico

I got my H1B visa stamped on May 16th 2005 from Matamoros Mexico. I know how curious people are to know about this. Here is the detail:

Service used:
    I used Victor Garcia’s services. I booked an appointment at Matamoros through nvars. I actually called VG before doing so to make sure he is available that day at Matamoros. He sent me the list of documents needed to obtain the Mexican permit. I sent those with in a week with a check for bank draft and service fee.

Getting there:
    I booked flight from California to Brownsville TX and also booked room in Days Inn motel for two nights. My appointment was on Monday. So, I thought of reaching there early enough to avoid last minute tensions of flight delays and all those stuff. I reached Brownsville TX on Saturday around 8pm. I called Days Inn. They sent their airport shuttle to pick me up. It was only 4miles to the motel. There are not many restaurants nearby Days Inn. There is one Chinese restaurant and Burger king. But, Chinese restaurant was closed by the time I reached. Also, the Mexican restaurant inside Days Inn was also closed. So, I had to order dinner from pizza hut. So, if some one planning to reach late night, please plan accordingly.

Visa day:
    On Monday morning, VG came to the motel at 7:30 am sharp. By that time, other people who are going for visa also came over to the lobby. Actually, I didn’t know that they were also staying there. There were 4 Indians apart from me and one African making it a total of 6. VG introduced himself to us and gave Mexican permit and bank draft to everyone and said no need to worry, every one is getting visa with out any issues. Then he asked us to go to the border in Days Inn vehicle and said he would pick us up at the border in his van. We reached the border. Each one has to pay 50 cents to cross the border. Keep the change ready. Once we crossed the bridge, we saw VG waiting for us. He led us to Mexican permit counter, where we had to surrender our permit and passport. They stamped the Mexican permit in passport and let us go. We continued our short journey from there to US consulate in Victor’s van. During the journey, he was giving a short talk about what to do when we reach there and what to do after getting out of the consulate. He told us to get a taxi (he gave the numbers of the taxi where we need not pay any money….seems like he paid them already). He also said, don’t worry if you get visa rejected, you can come back with your I-94 because you never surrendered I94 anywhere.

We reached the US consulate. We gave our cellphones to a near by storage place. They gave a token also. Don’t know how much money, but VG paid for it. We could see two lines. One for 8:30 am appointment and one for 9:00 am appointment. Two of us were in 8:30 appointment. So, we joined that line and others were for 9am appointment. While standing in line, security checked our DS 156, DS 157, passport and I797. So, keep those ready to show. We got inside, and went through security check. I had my USB flash drive inside my bag. They asked me to keep it back in the storage place. So, I had to go back. By the time I came back, 7 people went ahead of me in line.

After the security check, we were asked to give the draft. They gave a token number with which we have to wait for our turn to be called. They called my number and I went to the cube where I was called. He went through my DS 156 and took a finger print and photo graph and gave the same token number back and asked me to wait to be called by another counter. Initially, I thought that this was the visa counter but apparently not. They are taking only finger printing and scanning of DS 156 and taking photograph. Then I waited for 40 more minutes to be called again to the visa counter.

At visa counter:

A lady was in the counter. She asked for DS 156 and DS 157 and I 797 and passports ( I had two passports). She went through that, checked something in the computer and asked:

Visa officer: So, Do you work for “xyz”?
    I : yes
    Visa officer: Can you show me your OPT card?
    I : (showed my OPT card)
    Visa officer: Can you show me your transcripts?
    I : (I had to dig my documents to find my transcripts and showed her) Its there somewhere. I have so many documents. Sorry, it took some time.
    Visa officer: That’s fine. Please take your seat. You will be called for passport.

That’s it. I waited for 15 more minutes to get my passport. They asked me to pay $50.00 at the counter where they issued the stamped passport. I ensured that my name is spelled correct, said thank you and came back.
    By that time, the other person also got his passport stamped. We both took the taxi Victor told us to the border back.
    At the Border:
    We Went to the CBP office and gave the passport and old I94 and started waiting. That wait was very long. During the wait, 9am appointment people came back. All 6 of us got visa.
    We waited there for 3 long hours before one person came out and called one of us. He took him inside and he didn’t come out for some time. We were all worried. Then he came back saying that he was taken inside for finger printing and photo. We all were taken inside one by one after that. Then one by one was called to the counter for a set of questions. To some of them they asked questions, to me he asked to fill out a form. The questions are similar to DS157 form. Once that is filled, again wait for 15 minutes to get the passport with 194 card. We had to pay 6 dollars in the counter there. Once that is done, we were all finished and called victor to pick us up. He came over and every one returned. That was a big day but things went well for all. Please carry your photo ID with you other than passport…a licence or state ID.

If anyone has any doubts on stamping, please contact me. I am more than happy to help you people. Because, I got so much help for so many people for the same and I know how nervous it is to go through this whole thing.

I wish good luck to all who are going for visa. Be cool. Its not that complicated.

regards
    Shiva.

H1B visa appointment interview

Hi Shiva,
    The posting you did was very helpful. I have an appointment secured on august 2nd 2005 at matamoros. I have no idea how to get a permit or mexican visa. I checked Mexican consulate site in chicago and heard that it takes 4-8 weeks to process a visa. I am an F-1 converted to a H-1 in feb 2005 and joined a new company in may2005. SO i have two H-1 petitions approved. Just an FYI for you to understand my situation. I wanted to find out how to get a permit or visa to make it to my appointment in august. I noted that you mentioned Victor Garcia, How can I contact him for his services. Please advice on anything I have to take care of before hand.
    I greatly appreciate your help.
    Regards,
    Bapi

Comment

Thanks a bunch for posting this in detail

I have couple of questions, if you would care to respond.
      How did you book the visa appointment for US consulate at Matamoros and how long is the wait to get it.
      I read on DOS website that visa processing time is 15 days, so is it possible that they may not issue the visa same day and I might have to wait. Whats the genral pattern (if you have an idea)
      Being in Austin, Is it possible for me to not take any servcie and just go directly and come back on my own.
      Me and my wife both need to go (her for h4 extension and mine is H1). Can we bboth go at once.
      Thanks.

Comment

Hi Shiva,
        Nice to know that your H1 revalidation went through smoothly. Can you tell me if there were any fresh H1s in the crowd that you met? And if so, did their stamping too go on as smoothly as yours?

Thanks in Advance.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Thanks Shiva

That was very helpful.
          Can u give me the contact iinfo for VG
          I have my appointment slated for August .09.2006
          Anybody else have the same day appointment??

kaushal

Comment

Hi shiva.,\

Your posting is very helpful. Few questions.

I(with family) am planning to go for renewal stamping in mexico. My visa is valid till sept2006 (old employer).I am living in southern california. I have few questions.

1.How to contact victor garcia? I am planning to apply for entry permit in mexican embassy.

2.which US consulate in mexico is close to me.

3. Can we come back, if any reasons if i get a query.

appreciate prompt response.

Comment

Info for Victor Garcia.

Hi,

I am planning to go to el paso and from there I will be going to mexico counsulate for Visa processing.

1. Can you please provide contact info for Victor Gracia?
              2. Usually they say it might take few days to get the passport back, is that true?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Comment

Victor Garcia's information

Hello ... below is the website i found from a Texas Univ forums page. I have not yet checked how accurate is the contact information. If you try. plz reply stating so.
                Thanks

Comment

Need info on USA VISA stamping in Mexcico

Hi,
                  Can u plz help me i need some info on USA visa stamping in mexico.
                  Do we need Mexcio Visa for entering to mexico?I want to go to Nogales Mexico.From Arizona border.Anyone did their stamping in Nogales Mexico?
                  If Visa got rejected what to do in that situation?Can we enter USA.I have valid USA visa till 2009.But after Renewal My husband did not stamp.He has
                  only I-94 till 2009.Whether they will collect I-94 at the border?

Comment

Look at https://www.immihelp.com/usa-visas/v...gcanadamexico/ for detailed information on visa stamping in Mexico.
                    Immihelp Support
                    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X