Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social security number-how many days it takes to get it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social security number-how many days it takes to get it???

Hello everyone!
    -If anybody knows-how many days it takes to recieve a SSN after your first arrive into USA as green card winner?
    - And if Im allowed to leave States without having it with me as I only have like 10 days for my first visit? Thanks!

You can try applying for it, but you will need some proof of address. It takes 2 weeks to receive the card. You can apply later whenever you want to permanently live in the US (assuming you have maintained the green card)
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

yes,I have relatives there,so is it ok if I visit USA for few days at first time,apply for SSN,and later then can recieve it by mail,right?Some people say I have to have SSN and green card itself with me in order to be able to come back to States.Is it?
      - Do u know by any chance after how many months I have to be back to stay permanently after my first visit? And thanks for your reply

Comment

Originally posted by sarochka View Post
        yes,I have relatives there,so is it ok if I visit USA for few days at first time,apply for SSN,and later then can recieve it by mail,right?Some people say I have to have SSN and green card itself with me in order to be able to come back to States.Is it?
        There is no such thing. GC is sufficient.
        - Do u know by any chance after how many months I have to be back to stay permanently after my first visit? And thanks for your reply
        Technically, your first visit is when you arrive here permanently and any subsequent travels outside should be temporary only. You should keep it under 6 months and as little duration as possible. 6 months to 1 year, you will need to prove that you have maintained residence and more than 1 year your GC is deemed abandoned.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X