Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card for mother with different last names

Hi,

I want to apply for green card for my mom through AOS. My father passed away a few years ago.

She has birth certificate and Passport, with different last names, birth certificate with maiden name and passport with married name. She does not have a marriage certificate as the marriage was not officially registered. Since she is a widow, does she actually need her marriage certificate to apply for Green card?

What kind of documents does she need to prove that the Birth Certificate and Passport belong to the same person even though the last name is different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Marriage certificate for mother is not required.

For any discrepancy in name, read https://www.immihelp.com/birth-certi...ion-and-visas/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Mariage ceritficate for a parent!

Originally posted by uscom View Post
      Hi,

I want to apply for green card for my mom through AOS. My father passed away a few years ago.

She has birth certificate and Passport, with different last names, birth certificate with maiden name and passport with married name. She does not have a marriage certificate as the marriage was not officially registered. Since she is a widow, does she actually need her marriage certificate to apply for Green card?

What kind of documents does she need to prove that the Birth Certificate and Passport belong to the same person even though the last name is different?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
      ----------------------------------
      Hi,

How did your process go?
      I am in a similar situation wherein my mother is a widow and we do not have access to a marriage certificate?

Thanks for any advice that you can share!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X