I am house wife and this is my first offence and ashamed to say that I got a Misdemeanor 484(a) P.c. ticket recently for shoplifting from a JCPenny store in Los Angeles for $18. Now the court date is fixed for 8th June 2011 but i already made travel arrangements to India on 26th May 2011 which is just two weeks. I am tensioned/nervous and having sleepless nights.
Please guide me how to get rid of this issue ASAP so that i can plan accordingly.
1. Is there a possibility to pre/Postponed the court date?
2. What actually will be the complete process?
3. What could be appropriate fee for Attorney to handle petty theft case?
4. How much will be the court fine?
5. Is it possible to complete all this process in two weeks else I will end up losing $1000 for cancelling my family flight tickets?
6. Which attorney should i choose in Glendale area, CA?
Please mail/text/call any time to this numbers. Your advice or contact details are highly appreciated.