Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Form 221(g)

Hi everyone,

I went for my visa interview today (Mumbai) and they interviewer said that my visa has been approved but I need to get a new passport because of some lines on it or something and that I might face trouble at US Immigration. I was then handed over the yellow 221(g) form and said I would be getting an email soon.

I don't know what to make of this. I have traveled to couple of countries over the past few years including Singapore and I never faced this problem. Is this a common problem?

I believe it takes around a month or so to get the new passport. How long before I get the email from the consulate? I am very anxious and I hope this doesn't disrupt my visa application. Has anyone faced this issue before? What should I do? My old visit VISA is also in my current passport. I honestly don't get why the new passport problem.

I would really appreciate if anyone can explain this to me. I am very worried.

Thanks.

Anyone at all?? I am very anxious about this thing. What does the yellow form me? Have I been rejected? Will it affect my visa process with the new passport? Would appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks!

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

So looks like I am the only one to get the yellow form for F1 visa?

Comment

Wow, its kind of disappointing that there is nobody here that can answer simple queries. Unless I am the first one to go through this whole mess. Not a very active forum it seems.

Comment

All you have to do is to get a new passport, and send it to VFS for the visa stamping.

Your old visas are still active. Send the old passport along with the new passport when you send it to VFS. Both should be carried along with you, if you are using visas from the old passport.

Comment

Thanks so much for your response NSquare. I have a quick question; do I need to wait on my CEAC number to appear on the pdf documents on the website, or can I just turn in my new passport as soon as I get it? Not sure about this, because if its just a passport issue then should I be waiting for my name or not.

Thanks once again !

Comment

Guys guys guys..I would need your quick assistance please !!!

As you know, I was told to get a new passport before the issuance on my visa. That was about 2 and half weeks ago. Well, I just received my passport today and I was going through the yellow form that was provided to me. I have a quick question on what to do next.

It gives three options:

1) You do not need to return in person to the consulate unless you are contacted again by a representative of the consulate. Please submit the documents requested below along with - your passport, this letter and the accompanying envelope to the nearest VFS office.

2) When administrative processing is completed on your case, you will be contacted and requested to submit your passport,this letter and the accompanying envelope to the nearest VFS office.

3) Please contact the US Embassy and/or Consulate below to pursue your visa application

And the first option is ticked with a new passport as one of the option.

Does this mean I don't have to wait for my name to show up on the 221(g) case website or wait for an email from the Consulate? Am I supposed to just go ahead and submit my passport then? Please let me know. I don't want to do something by mistake and then regret about it.

Thanks so much for your help in this matter as always!

Comment

Woohoo..got the visa baby..!!!

Comment

Yellow Form 221(g) .....HELP

wreakreate: Even I have got yellow form 221(g) but the consulate told me that my visa applicaton has been kept for administrative processing. She has ticked the option where I can check the status of pending cases. In that website they have list down the CEAC barcode number, but mine is not there. Does this mean I am rejected ? Did your CEAC barcode number appeared in that list ?

Comment

Yellow Form 221(g) .....HELP

& yes 1 more thing.....she returned my passport back......

Comment

What was the interview questions and experience? Can you tell us wreakreat

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X