K-1, K-3, I-130 Processing Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barbarajlw View Post
    When you file your petition yes you send it to Texas but does not get processed there it will be sent to Vermont or California
    Really? I thought there were 3 service center now; CSC, TSC, VSC. So Texas solely receive the petition and send it out to either CSC or VSC?

Thank you for your respond Barbarajlw

Comment

They have created the Texas Lockbox for receiving all I-129F petitions. It's more efficient for one place to have contractors who open the mail, check for basic completeness (check right, everything signed), deposit the fees, and issue the receipt. It's not the actual service center in the way you are thinking. From there they send the applications to real USCIS employees at a service center. Most still go to California or Vermont Service Center, but it could go to the TSC. They try to balance out the load so it it possible it could go anywhere no matter what state you reside in. Texas traditionally has been processed by VSC when they go by state of residence.

They will inform you where your case is being processed.

Comment

intro

hi everyone, am new here and i will be glad to know how long it takes for an i130 to be approved and the visa issued, some people are saying it takes up to 18 months is this true? plz reply.

Comment

My NOA1 came from California (after I sent my 129f for K1 Visa to Texas). Does that mean its actually being processed in California?

Comment

Originally posted by nexgenasian View Post
            My NOA1 came from California (after I sent my 129f for K1 Visa to Texas). Does that mean its actually being processed in California?
            Then your 129f is being processed at CSC

Comment

Clarification on "processing times"

I am a US Citizen filing for my spouse in the Philippines. I filed my paperwork on May of this year, and it got forwarded to the Vermont Service Center.

The "Processing Times" stated 5 months, and today is the deadline for 5 months. I called the national USCIS hotline 1-800-375-5283, worked my way through the menu, and spoke to a representative to report a problem (outside of processing times).

The representative told me that the Vermont center is currently working on cases from April 9. She said "the times listed on the website are only estimates. Vermont is experiencing a heavy workload, and because they're still working on cases before yours, you are still within the processing deadline." She told me to call back in about a month.

If they're working on cases received AFTER yours was received, then they can report a trouble ticket.

So.. don't keep your hopes up on the 5 month time.. when 5 months comes up, call them, and they'll tell you what dates they are currently working on. I'm guessing I'll be waiting about another month to 1.5 months for a reply.

This is your typical government agency..

Comment

hi my name is Pete

I was just approved from the NVC and was told it's being mailed to MNL ###
                Dose anyone know how long from this point do I hear and my fiancé gets her packet ?

Comment

The Manila Embassy instruction packet for a K1 visa averages about 6 weeks from the USCIS petition approval. The NVC does not approve a K1 package, but assigns the MNL case number and forwards to the Manila Embassy.

Once you have the MNL case number, your gal does not need the Embassy instruction packet, but can proceed with the following steps:

1. Download deposit slip.
                  2. Pay visa fee of $240 at BPI bank
                  3. Complete online form DS-160
                  4. Schedule interview date
                  5. Get medical exam at St Luke's

--Ray H

Originally posted by peterB View Post
                  I was just approved from the NVC and was told it's being mailed to MNL ###
                  Dose anyone know how long from this point do I hear and my fiancé gets her packet ?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X