Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Granted but not printed

Dear all,
    We submitted our OCI applications directly in the london office on May 6th 2011, it got changed to Photo scanned and granted status on 9th may itself. But since then there has not been any movement at all. Is anybody out there in this same situation as mine? Any idea about the dates of the applications they are printing now?

Thanks,
    LondonOCI

Hi! I'm having the same issue for my son's OCI in SF consulate:

Photo/Signature Scanned On 17-MAY-2011
    Registration Status Granted On 17-MAY-2011
    Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED
    Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on NOT DISPATCHED
    Documents Received at SAN FRANCISCO NOT YET

Does any one know how long it will take to get documents printed and sent to SF consulate?

We are supposed to travel on 12th June. Should I wait for OCI to come through or should I cancel the process and get Indian Visa?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi imaddu,
      I tried contacting the OCI through phone and email but had no luck. By seeing all these websites there seems to be some delay, it is annoying when they say three weeks and if there is delay they should atleast update their website if they are not answering their calls and emails We too are planning for a visit to India mid of June. Does our OCI application gets cancelled if we apply for visa meanwhile, I dont think so!!! Where did you get this information from?

Thanks,

Comment

In SF we have to submit original US passport when we apply for OCI. To get that back I have to cancel the OIC application and then get the visa. Without that original passport i won't be able to apply for visa.

Comment

Originally posted by OCILondon View Post
          Dear all,
          We submitted our OCI applications directly in the london office on May 6th 2011, it got changed to Photo scanned and granted status on 9th may itself. But since then there has not been any movement at all. Is anybody out there in this same situation as mine? Any idea about the dates of the applications they are printing now?

Thanks,
          LondonOCI
          Hi,

We also have submitted the application directly in London on 2nd May 2011. It got changed to Photo scanned and granted status on 3rd May 2011. and since than no change. I did got reply back from Delhi that there is some problem in printing should be printed by Mid may and than latter it's extended to End of May.
          I also spoke to some one in HCI London and have been told the same problem of printing in India and NOT to re submit the photo. Hoping that printing problem should sort out soon.

Thanks

Comment

hi immadu

immadu
            i am also on the same boat as u r. i am also travelling from NY on june 12. my application says granted, not printedas of today. i am just like u i have also my passport with the consulate.

please keep me posted what u plan to do. i am thinking of waiting till jun 1st. travisa said to me they need 1 week to get my passport back which is absurd. the passport is hold by them since of the fact that there are lot of people who havent collected thier oci after approval and in NYas per thier website. ny con website says almost 3000 oci cards needs to be picked up.

i think that is the reason they r asking for the orginal passport.

there is another problem that i just found out. if u r a naturalized citizen they will take more than 2 business days to issue the tourist visa. which keeps me thinking if i dont cancel i may not be able to get the visa on time. i really am confused. we indians sometimes makes simple things so complicated.

holding someones passport for 2 months is really absurd and never heard of.

any thoughts please feel to respnd

thanks

Comment

@ arjaria,

Can you give me the info on how you were able to get through to Delhi? I have been calling them but the line is always busy.

Can you share the contact information? We should get the latest status on printing problem.

Thanks!
              Aditya

Comment

Dear all,
                My OCI have gone to Printed status and the documents have been dispactched from India.

Photo/Signature Scanned On 09-MAY-2011
                Registration Status Granted On 09-MAY-2011
                Documents Printing Status NOT PRINTED 28-MAY-2011
                Documents Dispatched to Concerned Mission/Office on 30-MAY-2011
                Documents Received at LONDON NOT YET

Dont you worry, you all would get yours printed and delivered soon. The printer was broken for 2 weeks it seems and they had a backlog. I am waiting to collect the documents, hopefully all details should be correct. I had a very bad experience with my surrender certificate, as they took 5 attempts to give me the one with correct details.

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by imaddu View Post
                  @ arjaria,

Can you give me the info on how you were able to get through to Delhi? I have been calling them but the line is always busy.

Can you share the contact information? We should get the latest status on printing problem.

Thanks!
                  Aditya
                  Sure, I contacted the delhi over email on [email protected] and got reply.
                  Also called OCI London at 020 7632 3072 /020 7836 8484.
                  may be was lucky that my phone was picked up

Comment

Hi! Guys,

I have decided to get my passport back and get a 10 yr visa. I was told by Travisa that the OCI process will continue. They will send me email once documents are received. at that point i will have to send the passport back to them and they will print the visa.

Thanks!
                    Aditya

Comment

hi adithya

hi adithya

i am also in the same boat as u . i am suppose to fly out on jun 11. when u talked to travisa how many days did they say it will take to get the passport back and get a 10 year visa. please keep me posted i really appreciate ur response. i got an email from delhi that mine will be printed this week and nothing has happened yet. i guess now i have no choice than get my visa. can u pleaseeee keep me posted

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X