Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 134 for F1 visa

Hi,

I am sponsoring my brother for his F1 visa. I stay in U.S on L1 visa with good income and bank balance.

He has 10 lakhs bank balance and taking a loan for 10 lakhs. He also has an apartment on his name recently registered. However to show money for 2 years, I am going to be giving him I-134 (extra safety).

I have some questions w.r.t this situation,

a) While filling I-134, for Field 11 what should I say?

It askes 'I intend/do not intend' to make specific contributions to the person on line 3.

Should I say 'intend' or 'do not intend'. I read in immihelp that for b1 visa, I should metion it as intend. Not sure what I should do for F1 visa.

b) He applied for loan and we are expecting it to take 3 weeks. In case, his loan approval doesn't come within visa date, should we go ahead with bank balance, I-134 and property? Or do you suggest postponing the interview?

c) I am planning to invite my parents too on B1/B2 visa by giving I-134. I guess I have to mention one parent name and brother's name while filling I-134 for my parents. Would that have any effect on my parent's visa since both of us will be in U.S (hopefully) at that time?

Thanks a lot for your answers. This is a great site for all common queries. Please help me with my situation.

Can any one share their experiences w.r.t. this please?

Comment

Do intend to support his education or do you not intend to support his education? Plain English!
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I agree it is simple. I was just wondering about it because he is going to show his bank balance as another form of support.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X