Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa rejected for the second time

Hello All,

I would really appreciate any kind of advice on my problem.I applied for F1 renewal today and I am doing MS in Mangement Information Systems. my visa request was denied for the second time under section 214(b) of the INA. The VO officer was basically not interested in my answers and kept cutting me short when I was answering her questions.

Here is what happened today.

Date: 6/16/2011
    Time: 10:15 am
    Place: US Embassy at New Delhi Consulate

VO: Hello, may I have your documents please?
    Me: Hello, Sure. I slided my passport along with other documents.

VO: What is the purpose of your visit?
    Me: Resume school to complete my masters degree

VO: What will you be studying?
    Me: I will be studying MS in Mangement Information Systems

VO: Which School?
    Me: ZZZ

VO: Where did you do your undergraduate degree?
    Me: India

VO: I see you have been rejected once, has anything changed in your situation since you last application?
    Me: Yes I have additional evidences to prove my strong ties with home.
    (the VO asks me to show a letter that I am holding in my hand, I slide the letter of support from my program director. She just takes a look at it without reading it and slides it back. She then starts
    typing something at this point I try to start my conversation with her by saying "and" and then I stop and then she says "yes continue." So I try to take out the property docs from my folder. The vo says don't
    show me any papers, tell me)
    So I say that my parents have business in India and after completing my degree I will come back and take care of the business. I want to work on building a technology infrastructure of our electronic
    stores while improving the mangement infrastructures which is why I am studying MIS. I believe....

VO: Cuts me in between and asks me how many siblings do you have?
    Me: 2

VO: Older or younger?
    Me: I have a younger sister and an older brother

VO: What does your older brother do?
    Me: He has his own business

VO: What did you do your undergraduate degree in?
    Me: Commerce

VO: Why MIS then?
    Me: I have an MBA and My interest in MIS transpired from an MIS elective class that I took while I was pursuing my MBA and it was at....

VO: Cuts me again, How many schools did you change in the US? Where did you do your undergraduate degree?
    Me: I did my undergraduate degree in India, I did my MBA in the US.

VO: Which School did you go to for your MBA?
    Me: Intially I went to YYYY Univ but then transferred to YYYY Univ
    (please do not confuse. I changed schools when I was doing my MBA. I am doing MS in MIS now and have been attending the same university that I originally inteded to attend)

VO: Why?
    Me: Because that suited my academic needs better and was better for my profile.

VO: What was you GPA in MBA?
    Me: 3.56

VO: How did you hear about you current university?
    Me: I researched over the internet and came to know about this university. Their MIS program suited my needs better. Their MIS program is a good blend of technology and business which is eaxctly what I needed that is why I chose this univ.

VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
    Me: Farleigh Dickison, NJ and Mississippi State University

VO: Give me 5 minutes I will be back. She leaves her desk and disappers for probably around 4 minutes. She then comes back and says unfortunately you do not still qualify for this visa.
    She typed something and then gave me my documents back.

(Also during the interview she was hardly listening to me or trying to understand why I would return home after completing my degree and was more concentrated on her computer screen scrolling it and
    typing something)

I am visiting home after 3 years. Also, I tried chaging status to H1 during my OPT. My H1 was approved for consular processing however my change of status request was denied. I availed cap-gap extension and finally enrolled to the MIS programs. I need 3 credits to graduate and I have a very good GPA.

I would really appreciate if someone could please direct me as to what I should do next. Should I talk to an immigration attorney? would that help?

Thank you so much for your time.

anyone at all?

Comment

Originally posted by 678olive View Post
      Hello All,

I would really appreciate any kind of advice on my problem.I applied for F1 renewal today and I am doing MS in Mangement Information Systems. my visa request was denied for the second time under section 214(b) of the INA. The VO officer was basically not interested in my answers and kept cutting me short when I was answering her questions.

Here is what happened today.

Date: 6/16/2011
      Time: 10:15 am
      Place: US Embassy at New Delhi Consulate

VO: Hello, may I have your documents please?
      Me: Hello, Sure. I slided my passport along with other documents.

VO: What is the purpose of your visit?
      Me: Resume school to complete my masters degree

VO: What will you be studying?
      Me: I will be studying MS in Mangement Information Systems

VO: Which School?
      Me: ZZZ

VO: Where did you do your undergraduate degree?
      Me: India

VO: I see you have been rejected once, has anything changed in your situation since you last application?
      Me: Yes I have additional evidences to prove my strong ties with home.
      (the VO asks me to show a letter that I am holding in my hand, I slide the letter of support from my program director. She just takes a look at it without reading it and slides it back. She then starts
      typing something at this point I try to start my conversation with her by saying "and" and then I stop and then she says "yes continue." So I try to take out the property docs from my folder. The vo says don't
      show me any papers, tell me)
      So I say that my parents have business in India and after completing my degree I will come back and take care of the business. I want to work on building a technology infrastructure of our electronic
      stores while improving the mangement infrastructures which is why I am studying MIS. I believe....

VO: Cuts me in between and asks me how many siblings do you have?
      Me: 2

VO: Older or younger?
      Me: I have a younger sister and an older brother

VO: What does your older brother do?
      Me: He has his own business

VO: What did you do your undergraduate degree in?
      Me: Commerce

VO: Why MIS then?
      Me: I have an MBA and My interest in MIS transpired from an MIS elective class that I took while I was pursuing my MBA and it was at....

VO: Cuts me again, How many schools did you change in the US? Where did you do your undergraduate degree?
      Me: I did my undergraduate degree in India, I did my MBA in the US.

VO: Which School did you go to for your MBA?
      Me: Intially I went to YYYY Univ but then transferred to YYYY Univ
      (please do not confuse. I changed schools when I was doing my MBA. I am doing MS in MIS now and have been attending the same university that I originally inteded to attend)

VO: Why?
      Me: Because that suited my academic needs better and was better for my profile.

VO: What was you GPA in MBA?
      Me: 3.56

VO: How did you hear about you current university?
      Me: I researched over the internet and came to know about this university. Their MIS program suited my needs better. Their MIS program is a good blend of technology and business which is eaxctly what I needed that is why I chose this univ.

VO: Which other schools did you apply to?
      Me: Farleigh Dickison, NJ and Mississippi State University

VO: Give me 5 minutes I will be back. She leaves her desk and disappers for probably around 4 minutes. She then comes back and says unfortunately you do not still qualify for this visa.
      She typed something and then gave me my documents back.

(Also during the interview she was hardly listening to me or trying to understand why I would return home after completing my degree and was more concentrated on her computer screen scrolling it and
      typing something)

I am visiting home after 3 years. Also, I tried chaging status to H1 during my OPT. My H1 was approved for consular processing however my change of status request was denied. I availed cap-gap extension and finally enrolled to the MIS programs. I need 3 credits to graduate and I have a very good GPA.

I would really appreciate if someone could please direct me as to what I should do next. Should I talk to an immigration attorney? would that help?

Thank you so much for your time.

You did not mention from your previous post about: YOU CHANGED YOUR STATUS BEFORE FROM F1 TO H1, HOWEVER THERER WAS A PRBLEM!!! Now you mention that!!!

You have STRONG IMMIGRATION INTEND!!! AND YOU TRIED TO HIDE SOMETHING DURING THE INTERVIEW!!!

That is what I think: You past information (hidden information) was discovery by VO Officer that was why VO officer looked her computer during the interview!!!

BTW, If I was that VO Office interview you, something I would made same decision: DENY YOU APPLICATION UNDER THE GROUND!!!

All the best!!!!

Comment

Alright thanks. Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by 678olive View Post
          Alright thanks. Anyone else?

Please be noted that: INTENTIONALLY MIS-LEADING OR INTENTIONALLY HIDING THE FACT DURING VISA INTERVIEW! IF DISCOVER, IT WILL BE LEAD TO THE PUNISHMENT OF THE LIFETIME BAN OF ENTRY OF US OR THE PUNISHMENT OF THE LIFETIME BAN OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS IN US!!
          Now, the choice is your side!!!

Please choice wisely!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gd_by2001 View Post
            Please be noted that: INTENTIONALLY MIS-LEADING OR INTENTIONALLY HIDING THE FACT DURING VISA INTERVIEW! IF DISCOVER, IT WILL BE LEAD TO THE PUNISHMENT OF THE LIFETIME BAN OF ENTRY OF US OR THE PUNISHMENT OF THE LIFETIME BAN OF ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS IN US!!
            Now, the choice is your side!!!

Please choice wisely!!!
            gd_by2001 who told you that I lied to the consul officer? Were you present there when I was being interviewed? Please stop jumping the guns, if you are so keen to help, read the post patiently. Also, Please do not spam my post with you red bold text, it just hurts my eyes. OK. Now thank you for the information that you provided but I do not need it.

Comment

anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X