No announcement yet.

L1 visa Pending under 221(g) Admin Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday, after 32 days of waiting, I received email from KL consulate that the admin processing has completed and I can surrender my passport now. I am so happy.
    Don't stop praying, they will definitely contact you in the end.
    Good luck guys.....

Comment

Congratulation

Hi lismail,

Congratulation!!! This is really a great news.

Thanks a lot for joining this thread. I am still waiting...37days. Waiting for that day when they will contact. Hope you will also pray for us

Originally posted by lismail View Post
      Yesterday, after 32 days of waiting, I received email from KL consulate that the admin processing has completed and I can surrender my passport now. I am so happy.
      Don't stop praying, they will definitely contact you in the end.
      Good luck guys.....

Comment

There is no update on the pdf after 30th jun. What the hell are they doing?

Comment

Today updated PDF has been released. Still my no is in pending status. Some nos have been removed as -

08-Jun-11: removed 25 numbers before me
          30-Jun-11: removed 6 numbers before me
          29-Jun-11: removed 20 numbers before me
          28-Jun-11: removed 12 numbers before me
          27-Jun-11: removed 9 numbers before me
          24-Jun-11: removed 7 numbers before me

Comment

221g yellow slip for L2 visa

I appeared for the L2 visa interview in New Delhi on 20 June' 11. The officer asked me where my husband is currently and I told him he was in US since April' 2009 and came to India for Marriage in Nov' 2011 and is here since then. We are required to fly by Mid July. He did not ask anything else and gave me a Yellow Slip that stated that the primary applicant(my husband) is out of status and they required a justification from his company as to why he is in India since last 6 months. My husband has his L1 Visa valid until Jan'2012.
            We have submitted the required documents on June 28. There is no response yet. My husband's office consulted the Law firm in US and they said it was incorrect for the US Consulate to put the Out of Status ..... But we cant do anything but wait. Moreover they have also kept our passports.

Is anybody else facing the same issue... ? By when can we expect to get out passports back? Is it fair for them to keep the passports with them?

Comment

Hi Shubhsingh,

You have to wait until the verification is completed. Your visa is almost approved. You will get your stamped passport soon. They can keep the passports if they realize that processing time is less.

Comment

No update for me. 6 weeks completed.

Comment

Originally posted by pronab View Post
                  Hi Shubhsingh,

You have to wait until the verification is completed. Your visa is almost approved. You will get your stamped passport soon. They can keep the passports if they realize that processing time is less.
                  Thanks Pronab for your response. It has been almost 3 weeks since I my VISA Interview and almost 2 weeks since we subnitted the required documents. The problem is that even I am working and have resigned. In case the delay is expected to be as long as most the people have suggested here which is on an average 6 months, I have to ake back my resignation and again resign once we receive it and again serve 3 months notice. It is become very difficult yo decide what to do at this point of time. My last working day is 27 July.

Comment

I think 6 months is not the average time...For few cases it takes long time. Somehow if it took 6 months then it will be a problem to you as it is a dependent visa and your husband's visa will expire on Jan'2012. Namecheck/security normally takes long time but for ur case it is a verification of ur husband's data. From my exp it can take below 2 months.I think you should not do any plan before get the visa stamped.So I will be suggesting you to think accordingly about ur resignation.

Originally posted by shubhisingh View Post
                    Thanks Pronab for your response. It has been almost 3 weeks since I my VISA Interview and almost 2 weeks since we subnitted the required documents. The problem is that even I am working and have resigned. In case the delay is expected to be as long as most the people have suggested here which is on an average 6 months, I have to ake back my resignation and again resign once we receive it and again serve 3 months notice. It is become very difficult yo decide what to do at this point of time. My last working day is 27 July.

Comment

Hi,

I attended L1B interview in Chennai consulate.

Then the Visa Officer gave me a Pink slip with the Case ID, and asked me to go to another counter where another officer asked my educational and few family details.
                      Then he has taken my passport and told that I would get my visa after few administration processing as per section 221(g).

The Pink slip states no action required from my side unless they communicate.

Please help me..how long i've to wait...

Comment

HI Pronab what happened to your case...

Comment

Hi Vijaran,

My case is still pending.I am waiting for last 43days.

Can you tell me when you attended for visa interview? Have you asked how many days it will take for processing and what they replied. I have asked the question and officer from another counter told me it will take 2 months. I have called DOS several times and they replied it is pending.

May god bless all of us to get over this situation as early as possible.
                          Last edited by pronab; 07-13-2011, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Hi Pronab,

I attended yesterday,12-Jul-11 only..same as yours,i was told it would take maximum 8 weeks..

Have they taken your passport and have they asked you to send any docs...

Comment

No, they haven't taken my passport and also didn't ask me to submit any documents. They told me I have to submit my passport once it get processed.

Originally posted by vijaran View Post
                              Hi Pronab,

I attended yesterday,12-Jul-11 only..same as yours,i was told it would take maximum 8 weeks..

Have they taken your passport and have they asked you to send any docs...

Comment

Hi Pronab, you must have checked 13th July PDF. Looks like lot of updates in yesterday's file. But as expected, mine still under Pending. What about you? I would start calling DOS after couple of more weeks.
                                Also, one of the post says that first, case would disappear from PDF and after 2-3 days, Kol consulate folks would call on our cell no, after that 2-3 days for passport/stamping etc. So I guess, we need to assume additional 7-9 days time once we don't see our bar code in PDF. Isn't it? {But this waiting would be more pleasunt than the current one!!!}
                                Also, Processing differs place to place so am sure this may not be applicable for other consulates like see, Lismails case where she first received email.

Hope to see frequent PDF updates this week so that my number climbs up fast {Yesterday I climbed up by 37}

Thanks,
                                Farajana.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X