Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa Pending under 221(g) Admin Processing

Hi All,

I wanted this thread to be a tracker for all who have been held up on 221g admin processing bug and applied for L1 Visa. I was put under Administrative Processing - Pink Slip on 1st Jun 2011 and am still waiting. Please provide your details (even if you have successfully cleared) so that we can figure out how many are there. I guess we can post our experiences and suggestions to help each other out.
    Thanks in advance

My Self
    Attended Kolkata consulate on 1st Jun 2011
    Visa - L1A Blanket
    Category - Pink Slip
    Still waiting.

Pronab

Status

In VFS website the status is showing as "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate" and in US Consulate Kolkata website it is showing as "Pending". 21 days and counting....

Comment

Anybody in same situation please reply...Mine is still pending

Comment

I'm on the same boat too

I attended an interview at Kuala Lumpur US embassy on 3rd June 2011, for L1-B visa. All my dependants get their L2 visa stamped on their passport the next 3 days. But I was given a pink slip as attached, pending Administrative Processing and no extra documents are required to be submitted. The officer also had returned me the 3 copies of my blanket petitions as he said they are mine. I do not need to attend another interview, and they return the passport to me. I'm still waiting and waiting.
        Not sure how long more I need to wait. My attorney said typical wait time is 3-4 weeks, however my 4th week will be next week.
        I hope anyone out there can share me the same situation which at least will will relief me a bit........also who had went through this, please share your exprience too.....
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi lismail,

wanted to know is there any stamp on 3 copies of ur blanket petitions like "L1 Blaket Approved". For mine it has been stamped as mentioned. Vo returned me 2 copies of petition and kept one copy.For my dependent L2 they returned their passports also. There is no fixed time for clearance. It may take >6 months. So we have to wait.

Originally posted by lismail View Post
          I attended an interview at Kuala Lumpur US embassy on 3rd June 2011, for L1-B visa. All my dependants get their L2 visa stamped on their passport the next 3 days. But I was given a pink slip as attached, pending Administrative Processing and no extra documents are required to be submitted. The officer also had returned me the 3 copies of my blanket petitions as he said they are mine. I do not need to attend another interview, and they return the passport to me. I'm still waiting and waiting.
          Not sure how long more I need to wait. My attorney said typical wait time is 3-4 weeks, however my 4th week will be next week.
          I hope anyone out there can share me the same situation which at least will will relief me a bit........also who had went through this, please share your exprience too.....

Comment

called to DOS

Yesterday I called to DOS. One lady told me it is pending for Administrative Processing.I asked for more information but she said "unfortunately we can not give more information".

Comment

Hi Pronab,
              I'm not sure whether they stamp it or not. I need to check later.
              You mean your dependant do not manage to get their visa stamped on the passport?

Comment

kolkata consulate

Hi lismail,

VO said our visa has been approved.But need more processing.He kept all 3passports but from another counter another officer returned all 3 passports. I think if I get clearence then they will stamp all 3 passports. I think rule is different @ kolkata consulate. when your visa get approved pls let me know.

Originally posted by lismail View Post
                Hi Pronab,
                I'm not sure whether they stamp it or not. I need to check later.
                You mean your dependant do not manage to get their visa stamped on the passport?

Comment

Originally posted by pronab View Post
                  Hi lismail,

VO said our visa has been approved.But need more processing.He kept all 3passports but from another counter another officer returned all 3 passports. I think if I get clearence then they will stamp all 3 passports. I think rule is different @ kolkata consulate. when your visa get approved pls let me know.
                  Hi Pronab,
                  I checked, the petition is stamped as approved. I just pray now. Maybe next week I'll contact my attorney to see what he can do to help. Keep on waiting.....BTW, when you suppose to start work?

Comment

Now my work depends on visa approval. God knows when it be approved. I called DOS two times but they dont want to give more information. Nothing to do only have to wait. If you get any help from ur attorney pls tell me.

Comment

Anybody in same situation please share.

Comment

L1 A blanket under 221(g) Admin processing

Hi Pranob,

I have attended L1 A blanket Visa interview at KOL consulate on 27th Jun. I am with TCS for 14 years and VO just asked 3 questions. In fact he congratulated me for being 14 yrs in company like TCS and also mentioned that Visa been approved along with my 2 dependents. He handed over me 2 stampled 129S forms and we were about to leave then mentioned us to fill a form and handover at counter-1. He got our passports but later at counter-1, they handed over passports and pink form. So, wondering why this turn of event and what criteria could be the reason. Earlier, I had H1, L1A and valid B1 too..so, not sure what should be next step other than waiting to see status online. Couple of questions

(1) How long did it took to appear in online pdf ?

(2) Do we have to check it based on USCIS confirmation number or HDFC Barcode?

(3) Should we contact consulate or VFS or DOS? If so, could you please email or contact number?

(4) Consulate didn't ask for any additional documentation but mentioned need "Admin processing". Asked us to fill a non-immigrant form with details like family, education & employment details. So, would it be just like Back ground check only?

Also, my spouse has L1 from TCS and already at onsite. I don't know if that could be reason.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards
                        Farajana

Comment

still waiting on 221g

Hi Farajana,

I experienced the same thing @Kolkata consulate on 1st Jun.
                          VO mentioned - "Visa has been approved along with my 2 dependents. He handed over me 2 stampled 129S forms and we were about to leave then mentioned us to fill a form and handover at counter-1. He got our passports but later at counter-1, they handed over passports and pink form"

I am waiting since then. Its really frustrating.I dont understand what they gain from keeping us in the dark! Lets pray and hope that we are out of this soon.

I am giving the answers for your questions.

Originally posted by Farajana View Post
                          Hi Pranob,

I have attended L1 A blanket Visa interview at KOL consulate on 27th Jun. I am with TCS for 14 years and VO just asked 3 questions. In fact he congratulated me for being 14 yrs in company like TCS and also mentioned that Visa been approved along with my 2 dependents. He handed over me 2 stampled 129S forms and we were about to leave then mentioned us to fill a form and handover at counter-1. He got our passports but later at counter-1, they handed over passports and pink form. So, wondering why this turn of event and what criteria could be the reason. Earlier, I had H1, L1A and valid B1 too..so, not sure what should be next step other than waiting to see status online. Couple of questions

(1) How long did it took to appear in online pdf ? - same day or next day.For mine it was updated on same day.
                          (2) Do we have to check it based on USCIS confirmation number or HDFC Barcode? - Yes
                          (3) Should we contact consulate or VFS or DOS? If so, could you please email or contact number? - Yes you can do it. The processing takes minimum 3/4 weeks and no uper limit. so you can contact after some weeks. Now I am regularly calling DOS and getting same answer that it is processing.Yesterday I also sent a mail to [email protected] asking the status. The contact no of DOS is 001-202-663-1225
                          (4) Consulate didn't ask for any additional documentation but mentioned need "Admin processing". Asked us to fill a non-immigrant form with details like family, education & employment details. So, would it be just like Back ground check only? - Yes, I filled the same thing. I think it is security check specifically name check, nowadays it is happening for listed common names.
                          Also, my spouse has L1 from TCS and already at onsite. I don't know if that could be reason. - This should not be the reason.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards
                          Farajana

Comment

Thanks for quick reply. Please keep posted progress of your status and I could not find my Barcode in yesterday's updated PDF. Also, I see both CEA barcode and HDFC barcode (mostly this is the case) in the PDF.

Comment

Ya, Sure I will keep posted. Mostly they use to update the pdf 2/3 times a week.

Originally posted by Farajana View Post
                              Thanks for quick reply. Please keep posted progress of your status and I could not find my Barcode in yesterday's updated PDF. Also, I see both CEA barcode and HDFC barcode (mostly this is the case) in the PDF.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X