I am a UK passport holder based in London. My sponsor organisation has submitted a comprehensive R1 petition via an immigration attorney. They were informed by letter that immigration needs to conduct a site visit, and that this may delay the application process by several months. This is not just inconvenient, but also a problem for the job I have been hired for, which - seeing as it is for a school - starts in late August.
Should I meanwhile come with my family on a visa waiver during August and settle into my new house etc, and wait for the site visit and processing to proceed, and then go to the local immigration office to complete the visa? I have been told that the likelihood of getting refused the visa is minute to zero, and that this delay is a timing issue. If I do any work for the school I don't need to get paid until the visa is granted.