Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempting F1 Visa interview - 2nd time : Plz suggest

Hello,

I am having a Valid L1 B visa with me. I have not visited US till now on L1. I have received an admit from a US university and I have applied for F1 visa. Unfortunately it got denied under 214 b. I am planning to re-apply for the F1 interview. Please let me know few queries

1. I am having a revised TOEFL score of 92 ( initial score - 81 ). How can I project this effectively in the second time interview

2. Am having a letter of support from Graduate Programs director. How and when should I project this in the interview. Shall I submit the same right after the passport and I-20 docs ?

Remaining application is same. So please let me know as to how best I can present myself this time w.r.t my current situation so that I can come out with flying colors..

Also please suggest if having an L1 B even before F1 will be any factor for denials of F1.

Somebody please provide some suggestions as to how best i can maximize my chances this time in the 2nd attempt ?

Kindly reply with your opinions/suggestions

Thank you

Comment

Well if you were quetioned about your TOEFL score in your last interview, you could tell the VO upfront that you took TOEFL again and you got better score in your second attempt. Also, when the VO asks you the "What has changed since your last application?" question, tell them that you have a letter from your school and new toefl score.

However, I really doubt that would make any difference and you will most likely get another denial. I think there might be more to it than what you think. So, I'd suggest that you consult a good attorney.

L1 visa could indeed be the reason. Although, I can not for sure pin point that. Please consult an attorney. Good luck!

Comment

Need uregent help

Hi everyone,
        One of my frd went to visa yest..he got rejected beacuse of toefl..actually he took some help while writing toefl...in reading and writing he got more than 25 and in other 2 sections less marks...so total is 85. yesteday they came to know all this..got rejected more than 10 students because of same reason and they even took i20 back...also bank statments...they are all genuine ...and after interview other VO called one by one asd asked some question also they took written statement that they took help while writing toefl...but they told that they have chance next time if they agree that they took help....now in rejected form they selected 1st one(potential immigrant)...so how about writitng teolf next time and apply for 120 anfd attending for visa...everyone does mistakes ..now he wants correct that...is there any chances to get visa...

Please help me

Thanks in advance
        Deepu

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X