I am an Indian Citizen working with H1B Visa in US. My wife is on H4 Visa. We do not have any intention to settle / stay back here in USA permanently.
We are expecting a baby in the month of October 2011. I want my child to have an Indian citizenship. Please let me know how I can get Indian citizenship for a baby born in USA.
Request you to answer my following five questions:
1. Can we get an Indian passport for the baby if he/she is born in the US or only US Passport?
2. If we can get Indian passport, does he/she need to obtain a visa for our rest our stay in US?
3. If we can get only US Passport, shall I provide the Indian address as permanent address in the US passport application?
4. If a child has Indian Passport with the place of birth in USA in the passport will there be any immigration issues in USA.
5. If a child has Indian Passport, is he or she an Indian citizen?
I am totally confused and worried about the next steps. Request your advice and suggestions.
Thank you in advance.