Name change for 2 year old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change for 2 year old

My son was born in India and when we got his Indian passport we had his name added as Mayuresh Sonker. When he came to US, he got his US citizenship as a descendant since I, his father, is a US citizen. While getting his US passport, we added his name on US passport as Mayuresh Sushant Sonker(with father's name).
    Now when we apply for his OCI card, Indian consulate(Travisa outsourcing) is asking for name change documents. What documents am I supposed to provide. The name change procedure per the court documents will take over 2 months and required publication in newspaper and all. Is there a better alternative?

Good Luck! If the name (Father's name) is not on his birth certificate, then you'll have to pass some big hurdles in getting an OCI.

Comment

That is the surprising thing. Name of the father is there on the brith certificate which is also submitted with the application. It is not there in the Indian passport but exists on the US passport. They refer to it as name change.

Comment

Originally posted by threezerous View Post
        That is the surprising thing. Name of the father is there on the brith certificate which is also submitted with the application. It is not there in the Indian passport but exists on the US passport. They refer to it as name change.
        Yes it is considered a name change according to our beloved Indian consulate and Travisa. Call Travisa and explain the situation to them. Tell them the Indian passport agency forgot to include the middle name on the passport to make things easier on you. They'll provide you with a pdf file and hope for the best.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X