CR1 visa refusal at interview Mumbai - section 221g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CR1 visa refusal at interview Mumbai - section 221g

I would like to share my recent exeperience with mumbai (india) US embassy.I petition file for my wife when i was on greencard. once i got my US citizenship i upgrade my file status from F2A visa to CR1.
    my wife had scheduled interview this month and she attand it on time.
    Officer and translator ask lots of questions to her and she is feel like tourched!
    questions like; few example...
    why you didnt go on honeymoon?
    why your husband had divorce and what was reason?
    why after marriege your husband never come to see you?
    how your husband send you money?
    what do you talk on phone with your husband?
    name your husband's friends at US.
    Do your husband and his x-wife still talks and/or meets?
    where your husband's ex-wife lives in US?
    how do you communicates with your husband?
    How often you communicates with your husband?

after lots of questions about my ex-wife and wait they gave my wife a letter called section 221(g) visa refusal latter. she is too upset.....why not?
    she presented all the documents in interview which is required by law; even marriege album which shows more than 1000 people attanding.
    BUT still officer and translator not satisfied that we are real married.... more likely transalator is #### hole...
    they gave my wife a form which is called Section 221(g) indicated that following documents needed.
    1). Photocopies of all passports (husband's) and all pages even its blank.
    2). Pictures of you and your husband togather except marriage.
    3). Proof of money transfered to you from your husband.
    4). Proof of joint ownership (like joint bank account and property if any)
    5). Correspondence between you and your husband.
    6). Letter envelops that your husband ever sent you.
    7). Proof of phone calls that you or your husband had.

I do hardwork and sent most of all documents by email. only i dont have is proof of money transfer and letter envelops bcoz i never sent her money and i never write a single letter.
    she submitted following day of interview at VFS office mumbai along with additional fees.

after 6 days she recieved courier at her home town and it was passport with visa stamp and sealed envelop along with all documents that she submitted at VFS office. yes she got visa.
    I couldnt able to sleep at all in between visa refusal to received timeline.
    so if you guys had something like this... dont worry as long as your marriege are real. so what you didnt had honeymoon?
    now i am gonna purchase air ticket today......
    thanks indian US embassy....we are happy now.
    Last edited by pulseps; 07-12-2011, 02:23 PM. Reason: to thank US Embassy

glad it worked out. that is sad indeed, but thanks for sharing that initial experience with the rest.

i am waiting for my wife to join - "waiting" be the key word. they should know about our culture. yes, i met her in december when wedding was arranged. went and got married in february and go back immediately - geez, i need to work too. and visited her in june, where we went on a honeymoon. and then havent seen her. yes, we have a zillion odd phone calls and skype calls every day.

but good to know that they may ask for the call history etc., we will be sure to take it.

2 questions for you: how long did the NVC take after it received all the documents to schedule an interview? and how far out did it schedule the interview at the indian consulate?

Comment

NVC took usually 4 to 5 months to review initial documents after you submit I130. once file is good to go you will get priority date & visa catagory... on based on priority date & catagory you can check online how long it takes to visa call.
      if you have greencard it takes about 4 years for visa call
      if you are citizen of US it takes about 8 months for visa call
      refusing visa on first interview is common... but i my case they asked lots of questions and lots of documents.... i was luck i am good with internet and so could abled to save documents for that day.
      good luck.

Originally posted by waitingforwifey View Post
      glad it worked out. that is sad indeed, but thanks for sharing that initial experience with the rest.

i am waiting for my wife to join - "waiting" be the key word. they should know about our culture. yes, i met her in december when wedding was arranged. went and got married in february and go back immediately - geez, i need to work too. and visited her in june, where we went on a honeymoon. and then havent seen her. yes, we have a zillion odd phone calls and skype calls every day.

but good to know that they may ask for the call history etc., we will be sure to take it.

2 questions for you: how long did the NVC take after it received all the documents to schedule an interview? and how far out did it schedule the interview at the indian consulate?

Comment

Man, I can't imagine the hell you must have gone thru for those 6 days.

In any case, all's well that ends well! Good job!

Comment

CR1 visa interview experience

My wife's interview was on 3rd Feb,2012.
          and she didnt get visa.
          Interviewer acted very rudely to my wife.questions are below
          1. what is ur husband's name
          2. when did ur husband go to USA first time...--.Ans. 2003
          3. how did he enter USA.--. Ans. visitor visa
          3. when did he become citizen--. Ans.2009
          then immediately he ask my wife
          '' did he paid money to become citizen?'' my wife replied ''no, i dont think so''
          and with anger and banging his hand on table he replied ''what no,what no, we know everything''
          then more questions about my first marriage and then they gave her passport back and give her paper asking for two documents...
          1. marriage certificate from first marriage
          2. marriage ceremony pics from first marriage

i need serious help ......what should i do.....help!!!1

Comment

Indians did lots of fraudility in past so genuine relationship has questions by embassy.
            first of all, they have full doubt that you got visa based on **** marriege by paying money to bride. however, if this is case you need to hire lawer.
            if your first marriege was genuine and thats how you got visa. you need to provide all information that they asked you. if any info you dont have simply say you dont have it.
            provide them following

1. marriage certificate from first marriage
            2. marriage ceremony pics from first marriage

again, if you did first marriege for real. dont worry everything will be fine in short time of period. you only need to do is provide what they asked.
            if your first marriege was intense to get US Visa... in this case please hire lawer immidiately.

i like honesty. and if you are.... just chill. everything will be good in the end.

Comment

I have marriage certificate from first marriage but when i was going through divorce i was so stressed.. dont know where those pics went.. And we did court marriage so we didnt have any ceremony.. Pics that we took in court is no longer with me or with my wife.. i moved to 3 different places after i got divorce......So if i dont send pics then my wife wont get visa, right?,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

Not right. if you dont have picture of ceremony, you can say you destroid them. or if you can ask your x wife, if she has some pictures.
                you can provide some pictures of honeymoon or some other places you guys had time to gather with your x wife.
                dont panic!!
                if you had real marriage with your x wife.

after all, truth always wins.

Comment

thanks for ur reply..i really appreciate it..i m talking to lawyer...lets c what happens...

Comment

lawyer is telling me to withdraw the case and file it again...what should i do?

Comment

CR1 refused

Hello everyone
                      My wife’s CR1 refused under section 221g and asked for lots of additional documents which I have so I would submit it.
                      But following two point if anyone please have template for letter or any idea..

1. They asking for my statement about my first wedding and reason for divorce.
                      2. They asking for statement for me and my wife about how we met and why decided to get married.!

Anyone please help.!!me and my wife are so upset and stressed as we wasn’t expecting this.

Comment

Originally posted by pulseps View Post
                        I would like to share my recent exeperience with mumbai (india) US embassy.I petition file for my wife when i was on greencard. once i got my US citizenship i upgrade my file status from F2A visa to CR1.
                        my wife had scheduled interview this month and she attand it on time.
                        Officer and translator ask lots of questions to her and she is feel like tourched!
                        questions like; few example...
                        why you didnt go on honeymoon?
                        why your husband had divorce and what was reason?
                        why after marriege your husband never come to see you?
                        how your husband send you money?
                        what do you talk on phone with your husband?
                        name your husband's friends at US.
                        Do your husband and his x-wife still talks and/or meets?
                        where your husband's ex-wife lives in US?
                        how do you communicates with your husband?
                        How often you communicates with your husband?

after lots of questions about my ex-wife and wait they gave my wife a letter called section 221(g) visa refusal latter. she is too upset.....why not?
                        she presented all the documents in interview which is required by law; even marriege album which shows more than 1000 people attanding.
                        BUT still officer and translator not satisfied that we are real married.... more likely transalator is #### hole...
                        they gave my wife a form which is called Section 221(g) indicated that following documents needed.
                        1). Photocopies of all passports (husband's) and all pages even its blank.
                        2). Pictures of you and your husband togather except marriage.
                        3). Proof of money transfered to you from your husband.
                        4). Proof of joint ownership (like joint bank account and property if any)
                        5). Correspondence between you and your husband.
                        6). Letter envelops that your husband ever sent you.
                        7). Proof of phone calls that you or your husband had.

I do hardwork and sent most of all documents by email. only i dont have is proof of money transfer and letter envelops bcoz i never sent her money and i never write a single letter.
                        she submitted following day of interview at VFS office mumbai along with additional fees.

after 6 days she recieved courier at her home town and it was passport with visa stamp and sealed envelop along with all documents that she submitted at VFS office. yes she got visa.
                        I couldnt able to sleep at all in between visa refusal to received timeline.
                        so if you guys had something like this... dont worry as long as your marriege are real. so what you didnt had honeymoon?
                        now i am gonna purchase air ticket today......
                        thanks indian US embassy....we are happy now.
                        Hello
                        I hope you alright.!! I know it’s been long since you wrote this.! But any chance you have sample letter format to submit it to VFS.?
                        Please reply..!!

Comment

Originally posted by jesh View Post
                          Hello
                          I hope you alright.!! I know it’s been long since you wrote this.! But any chance you have sample letter format to submit it to VFS.?
                          Please reply..!!
                          Sample Letter Formate - what is that?
                          what kind of letter?

Sorry for getting same kind of notice letter to you as well.

just gather all information what they have asked for. do not LIE. Never create **** documents. if you dont have such documents they have asked for just say you dont have it bcoz this is never happen or you missed or what is real reason behind it. my suggestion to you is be honest.

i would do following.

take a blank paper and write down "Cover Letter". under this headlines, i will write down each and every documents they are requesting.
                          ? documents A = included
                          ? documents B = included
                          ? documents C = not included (reason: .... explain real reason)

my meaning of A B C is what they are asking in letter of notice. so A B C is only example to you.

good luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jesh View Post
                          Hello everyone
                          My wife’s CR1 refused under section 221g and asked for lots of additional documents which I have so I would submit it.
                          But following two point if anyone please have template for letter or any idea..

1. They asking for my statement about my first wedding and reason for divorce.
                          2. They asking for statement for me and my wife about how we met and why decided to get married.!

Anyone please help.!!me and my wife are so upset and stressed as we wasn’t expecting this.
                          #1 & #2 what they are asking is very simple. so just give them a real answer. do not make over please. if you lie it will be trouble to you later on...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X