Urgent advice needed regarding damaged passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed regarding damaged passport

Hi there..am new to this board and wanted some advice..I'm visiting India and wanted to get my H1 B stamped..everything went well and my visa was approved but the VO noted that the lamination was peeling off and issued a 221g form asking me to submit a new passport and stated that my visa would be stamped after that..I am now in a fix..I've been living in US for past 6 years and do not have any proof of residence in India now..Also,per all the affidavits needed for tatkal scheme,they ask for proof of address in India(and also that i should have been living at the residence continuously for the whole year)...I require the passprt urgently as i need to travel back to US soon.
    I heard that the normal process would require me to submit the application at regional passport office and then they would verify from india consulate abroad and send back the verification and then these guys would issue me a passport.
    My parents have moved from the previous place where my passport was issued.
    I did talk to a "broker" and stated that i needed to apply for reissue of passport and that i can use my wife's address and use our bank joint a/c no's as proof of address and i also managed to get an affidavit(Afiidavit F) from a senior IAS officer we know well..The only concern is that both the self-issued affidavit and affidavit issued by the IAS officer state that i have continuosly resided at the indian address for 1 year..Would this be falsification of records and cause a problem with my H-1 B stamping or Green card application process???
    If yes,is there any other quick way to get the passport???
    I know it's a long post but any advice would be highly appreciated..Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X