Divorce Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce Help

I came here on F1,now on OPT and my H1 will begin in OCT. I went to India to get married in nov 2009 and came back in Jan 2010 and he went to Abu Dhabi where he works. We have been living in two different ocuntries since then. Things are not working out between and his parents made it worse. Now I want to file for divorce.He has agreed to a mutual but I dont want to go to India to file for divorce. I wanna know the following

1. Can I file for divorce here? I live in NJ.
    2. If yes, will it be valid in India and wat is the process in getting it validated in India.
    3. I'm also a catholic and have to get divorce in Chruch too.

Any help in this matter will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Leah

I need Divorce...Please help

Hi there,

I am new to this website..so sorry if i have mistyped my question on diff page...

I got married in june 2012 in india and due to domestic violence and other personal issues..he is in india and he want to come to usa through me.... i couldn't stay with my husband for his violent behaviour to me. i came back to USA in sep 2012. i am a green card holder....i used to have lawyer in india but it seems he had bad intention and double crossing me...i have now hired US attorney in may 2014...meanwhile i never been to india...my lawyer just says wait for 3 months will get you divorce but he never said anything in detail about whats going on....whenever i call he says why u calling for same questions just wait for 3 months..u will get divorce based on 1yr separation weather he want to give u divorce or not you will get divorce from US...now i want to know how is this possible and what he said was right should i wait patiently or what to do ? please please please reply me i am way too much worried i want to get rid of that guy from my life.....please help
    Last edited by ineeddivorce; 06-07-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X