Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4-F1-OPT- India Travel, No F1 Visa stamp so far, shall we get "F1-OPT" VISA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4-F1-OPT- India Travel, No F1 Visa stamp so far, shall we get "F1-OPT" VISA ?

My wife came here on H4 Visa and then she changed it to F1 and recently finished her Masters and she has been working on OPT from May 2011. During her F1 status she never bee to India which mean she doesn’t have any F1 visa stamping on her passport.
    My Que- Her OPT Is valid for 29 months and we thought of going to India in August 2011, so is it possible to get an F1-OPT Visa stamp even though she is not in school any more ? I never heard anything like “F1—OPT” visa but per her school she will get that kind of Visa. Please suggest.
    Her currently current company doesn’t do any H1B sponsorship.

Hi everyone,

I had an expired F1 visa. I went to India on OPT. I had to attend visa interview at chennai on 30th June. I got 221G pink from. The status is still showing pending. How long the admin. process will take? Can anyone suggest me.

Comment

Hi sunilsajja,

Did you get the F-1 visa stamped? Please let me know asap.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by asitverma View Post
        My wife came here on H4 Visa and then she changed it to F1 and recently finished her Masters and she has been working on OPT from May 2011. During her F1 status she never bee to India which mean she doesn’t have any F1 visa stamping on her passport.
        My Que- Her OPT Is valid for 29 months and we thought of going to India in August 2011, so is it possible to get an F1-OPT Visa stamp even though she is not in school any more ? I never heard anything like “F1—OPT” visa but per her school she will get that kind of Visa. Please suggest.
        Her currently current company doesn’t do any H1B sponsorship.
        So did your wife apply for F1-OPT visa? Please let me know as I am in same situation.

Comment

Same Situation

Originally posted by anushi View Post
          So did your wife apply for F1-OPT visa? Please let me know as I am in same situation.
          Hi Guys,

Though it is an old thread can some one please share there experiences, what alternatives/solution they have applied in this situation.

Thanks,
          Omit Rathore

Comment

Same sitution

we are on the same boat ... can somebody share their experience as that will be very helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X