Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TanyaGG View Post
    Hi,

I am on H4 visa and have got admission in a college. I will be filing an H4 to F1 transfer and it usually takes 2-3 months. My H4 is expiring in 4 weeks.
    What should I do.
    - Should I file for F1 transfer right now. What will be my status during the time my H4 expires and F1 is not yet approved.
    - Should I file for an H4 extension, start my college on H4, Get H4 to F1 conversion once H4 extension comes.
    What is the most safe bet in this case.

Please advice.

Thanks.
    Hi,

I am also in same case as yours, my H4 would expire in 60 days from the time I file H4 to F1 transfer. I see on USCIS website that we have to apply change of status atleast 45 days before H4 expiry.

So can I stay in US and study even if my H4 expires and COS is yet to be approved? Given that I filed by COS 60 days before my H4 expiry?

It would be great if you could share what was your experience.

Thanks,
    Rag

Comment

H4 expiry before F1 COS approval

Hello,

My H4 is expiring Sep 30th 2017, can I apply COS on 1st August? (as it is more than 45 days before my H4 expiry). Therefore say there is no decision from USCIS until December 2017, since I was in H4 when I applied for COS, it means that I can still stay and continue my studies until I receive decision from USCIS? or will I go out of stays as on Sep 30th 2017.

Please help if anyone has come across this scenario or aware of this...

Comment

Change of status from H4 to F1

Dear friends

I am planning to apply for the change of status from H4 to F1. I have got I-20 from the University. Could you please let me know the procedure and documents needed to do the same

Your help is really appreciated!!!

Thanks
        Vini

Comment

H4 to F1 COS

Hi All,

I am on H4 visa currently and I have joined a University to do masters. I would like apply for the COS from H4 to F1 now to avail OPT , Since the process of change is taking at least 6 months from the day of applying , does the academic period whatever I have attended the university on H4 will it be considered for the OPT ?

Or can I travel out of USA with the i20 on H4 and can I enter back taking the F1 stamping?

Please help.

Regards,
          Seshagiri Rao

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X