Can you please help me with my situation. I am on L1B visa. My spouse is on L2, she wanted to convert to F1, so i filed her i539 case for L2 to F1 on 02/20/2011. My I-94 was expiring on 5/17/2011, so i thought, her case's decision will be made by then and accordingly whether or not to file for her L2 extension along with my L1 extension. But it got delayed, and the case (L2 to F1) is still pending. In the mean while as my I-94 was expiring, i filed for my extension on 03/31/2011 and filed her i539 case for L2 extension. Now these are my questions.
If L1/L2 extension is decision ed first
1. Will the USCIS still review her L2 to F1 case?
2. If the L2 extension is approved, do we need to call USCIS and update the latest I-94 information for F1 conversion case, so that they will use that while her F1 case is reviewd?
3. I want my spouse to be on F1, so please let me know your suggestions.
If L2 to F1 conversion is decision ed first
1. Will the USCIS still review her L2 extension case?
2. If her F1 gets approved, how to withdraw her L2 extension, so that USCIS wont override her F1 I-94?
3. If her F1 gets approved, if i withdraw her L2 case, will there be any delay to my L1 extension?