Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancellation of H1 Visa

Hello Sir,

My H1 visa is currently under admin processing in US consulate @ Hyderabad for almost a year. I wish to cancel my ongoing H1 visa processing. I would like to know what is the process for cancellation and what would be the impact if any on my future visa applications.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Thanks and Regards
    Ravi

You just need to send a letter to the consulate stating that you no longer wish to continue the visa processing since it has been taking too long and request them to send your passport back.

You need to mentioned this as rejection in all your future visa applications. However, this won't have any impact on your future visa applications.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Re: Cancellation of H1 Visa

Hi Sherwin,

Thanks a lot for your help. I had a few questions on this though.

(1.) I was not able to understand the need for mentioning this attempt as rejected.

(2.) How long after the initiation of cancellation email would the application be deemed as cancelled?

(3.) How much time should I wait till I initiate a fresh application process (Not H1 but H4)?

(4.) Won't a previously rejected H1 application have a negative impact on the fresh H4 application process?

(5.) Can you please suggest to me a template for the cancellation email? I am not really sure what details should be included and what should not be. Basically I am trying to ensure that I don't over divulge which can negatively impact my next H4 visa processing.

(6.) Should I inform my employer on my decision to cancel the H1 visa processing?

Thanks a lot for all your time in helping me with my queries and for all your patient replies.

Thanks and Regards
      Ravi

Comment

(1.) I was not able to understand the need for mentioning this attempt as rejected.
        >>> If a 221g is issued and until it gets cleared, you need to mention it as rejection in all your visa application. If everything was fine, your case should have got approved. If the consulate sends you a rejection letter or if you withdraw the application in the middle, it will be treated as rejection.

(2.) How long after the initiation of cancellation email would the application be deemed as cancelled?
        >>> No one can predict. In most cases they will act on it immediately after receiving the cancellation letter.

(3.) How much time should I wait till I initiate a fresh application process (Not H1 but H4)?
        >>> You don't need to wait for your H1B visa application to get cancelled/rejected to apply for H4.

(4.) Won't a previously rejected H1 application have a negative impact on the fresh H4 application process?
        >>> Rejection of one visa will not impact another as each application will be processed as new one. However, previous rejections will be looked into closely.

(5.) Can you please suggest to me a template for the cancellation email? I am not really sure what details should be included and what should not be. Basically I am trying to ensure that I don't over divulge which can negatively impact my next H4 visa processing.
        >>> There is no specific template. You just need to write a letter with all the information to identify your application (Like, petition number, passport number etc).

(6.) Should I inform my employer on my decision to cancel the H1 visa processing?
        >>> That is up to you.
        Last edited by shervin143; 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Re: Cancellation of H1 Visa

Hi Sherwin,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I have sent the email to consular information wing requesting them to cancel my H1B application yesterday. I have not yet heard anything from them yet. Can you please let me know how long before I get a message from the Consular wing?

Thanks and Regards
          Ravi

Comment

Well, that is hard to predict. You should hear back with 2-3 weeks.

Originally posted by User96321 View Post
            Hi Sherwin,

Thanks a lot for the detailed reply. I have sent the email to consular information wing requesting them to cancel my H1B application yesterday. I have not yet heard anything from them yet. Can you please let me know how long before I get a message from the Consular wing?

Thanks and Regards
            Ravi

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X