Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Action Rule on multiple H1B transfers

Hello Friends,
    I always thought that one could apply for multiple H1B transfers at the same time and hold multiple visas with different companies but only work for one. However, I am reading in different forums about the last action rule. So if I have an offer from company A and they apply for my transfer + extension based on an approved I-140. But then I accept an offer from Company B which I really want to join. If company A's visa comes through then does the last action rule force me to work with company A and not with company B? I don't believe this to be true and my lawyer has told me that there should be no problem in multiple H1Bs transfers + extensions going on at the same time.

Last action rule applies only when you are changing your status from one to another. If you are currently in L1 and applying an L1 extension and H1B COS at the same time, then the last action rule plays an important part. If you are applying for an H1B extension and H1B transfer at the same time, then upon approval of both petitions, you can either continue with the same employer or join the new one.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thats what I thought but several stupid people were advising me otherwise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X