Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Card married to American citizen ( Living in Different Cities)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card married to American citizen ( Living in Different Cities)

I got married to American citizen about 3 months ago in USA. I recently went to India for the first time H1B stamping. I work in a very reputable company as full time employee (No contract etc )

We both live in different cities and may continue to do so for another 7-8 months due to work contract bonus etc. My question is whether I can file for my green card process even if we don't live together. Will there be any problems or red flag?

You can file a petition but there will most likely be a red flag, so be prepared to submit plenty of evidence with your petition to prove your bonafide marriage. Evidence in your case might include joint bank account statements, photos of the two of you as well as family and friends during marriage ceremony and/or other events, email conversations, phones bills showing that you call each other, travel itinerary and boarding passes showing you visit each other, notarized affidavit from several family and/or friends. There is nothing to worry about if your marriage is genuine. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X