Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visitor visa holder married to US citizen ... Best options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor visa holder married to US citizen ... Best options?

Hi, I am holding 10 years multiple entry visitor visa and been to the states multiple times. I am married to a US citizen 6 months ago and our plan was to settle in India so we have never started a procedure for immigration. Now both of us are decided to settle in the U.S. I am holding 10 years multiple entry visa and my wife is a US citizen. We have never disclosed our marriage to the US authority. We want to come to the US asap and start our life here. What are our options? We want to come here asap and doesn't want to go back for the visa procedures. We are confused since we are hearing multiple ways from the different people like
    1) come to US , disclose marraige and apply for adjustment , work auth and greencard
    2) apply for K3 visa and do adjustment, work auth and greencard after arrival
    3) do standard procedure in india and wait a year

We have heard about your name and expertise.. Please advise

Originally posted by Plaquebuster View Post
    Hi, I am holding 10 years multiple entry visitor visa and been to the states multiple times. I am married to a US citizen 6 months ago and our plan was to settle in India so we have never started a procedure for immigration. Now both of us are decided to settle in the U.S. I am holding 10 years multiple entry visa and my wife is a US citizen. We have never disclosed our marriage to the US authority. We want to come to the US asap and start our life here. What are our options? We want to come here asap and doesn't want to go back for the visa procedures. We are confused since we are hearing multiple ways from the different people like
    1) come to US , disclose marraige and apply for adjustment , work auth and greencard
    2) apply for K3 visa and do adjustment, work auth and greencard after arrival
    3) do standard procedure in india and wait a year

We have heard about your name and expertise.. Please advise
    For me it's the K3 visa (even if slightly higher filing fee) than the IR1 for the ff. reasons:

Benefits of the K3 Visa

A. The K3 visas generally have shorter waiting periods compared to marriage-based immigration visa petitions

B. You can apply for a work permit by filing Form I-765 and engage in employment when the EAD has been issued.

C. Your children under 21 years old can accompany you to the U.S. on the K-4 dependent visa as long as they are named in the visa petition
    "TO GOD BE THE GLORY"

F3 Watch List for active members

aaydrian = June 7, 2002
    dsz = Sep 3, 2002 / rupen = Sep 22, 2002 / mtouch = Sep 24, 2002
    S&MN = Oct 23, 2002/ taz70 = Nov 2, 2002

zikh = Jan 10, 2003
    Feb2003 = 2/11/2003/clearvision=2/23/2003
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 22, 2003 / tabby = May 19, 2003
    Imran123 = Aug 2003
    butter = Nov 23, 2003