Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bangladeshi wife of Indian Citizen wants to go to Switzerland from India with husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangladeshi wife of Indian Citizen wants to go to Switzerland from India with husband

Hi,
    It would be nice if you could please get back to me on the following queries –

Case Summary:

I am an Indian citizen by birth. I got married on 8th July 2004 to a Bangladeshi citizen with passport valid till 29th October 2012. Her last date of entry in India is 26th May, 2004. Ever since our marriage (on 8th July 2004), she is staying in India with me and has updated regularly her residential permit for extension of stay on the valid passport. Her current residential permit in India is valid till 29th October, 2011

I am a Software Engineer and I am planning to travel to Geneva, Switzerland on end of October, 2011 for about 1 year. I would like to take her (along with our 5 yeas’ old daughter, who is holding a valid Indian passport) to Geneva as my dependents and return back to India within a year.

Queries:

1. Can she travel on her Bangladeshi Passport (along with our 5 yeas’ old daughter, who is holding a valid Indian passport) with me as my dependents to Geneva, Switzerland? FYI, Swiss Embassy has confirmed, they will stamp on my wife’s Bangladeshi passport as my dependent as she is staying in India for more than past 6 months (in fact, more than 7 years), but does she need any approval from Ministry of Home Affairs (FRO Kolkata has suggested that) – if yes, what’s the process for that and how long does it takes to complete?

2. Her current residential permit in India is ending on 29th October, 2011. If she travels on end of October, 2011, will she have to apply for residential permit in India for extension of stay to FRO Kolkata? Will she need any approval from Ministry of Home Affairs for returning back to India? Will she have to apply for Indian Residential Permit at Embassy Of India, Switzerland while returning back to India with me when I’ll come back? What’s the process for that?

could someone please get back to my queries/point to relevant contacts who I can get in touch with.

Thanks a lot.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X