Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Lay Off

Hello Friends/Experts,

I am working with company A on my h1 visa which expires on 12/31/2012 (Company A filed h1b and changed my status from student to h1).

I am getting lay off on 09/15/2011 from company A.

1. What are the options I have to work in USA now? I do not want to leave USA.
    2. How much time/grace period do I get to find new employer?
    3. If I am able to find new employer who starts my application for h1, do I have to leave USA?

Please advise. Your true inputs greatly appreciated.

Best Regards.

New employer's petition must be received by USCIS before your last day at work.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1b

Is following answer correct?

Thanks

{{{{{{{
      What should I do if I know I will be laid off?

If you have been notified that you will be laid off, but your last day of employment is still a few weeks away, you need to look at your options immediately. Some common approaches are:

Remain in AOS status if you have a pending I-485, and rely on EAD or H-1B for your next job (Read AC21 for more information);
      Find a new job and have the new employer file for H-1B transfer as soon as possible;
      Change status to a dependent such as H4, L2 or F2, if your spouse is in independent nonimmigrant status;
      Change status to another nonimmigrant such as F1 or B2;
      Return to your home country and start a new career.
      }}}}}}}

Comment

They are all valid options.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X