Mailing address for Houston consulate for OCI stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailing address for Houston consulate for OCI stamping

My OCI status has been granted and I need to send my US passport for OCI stamping. There are 2 addresses for CGI, Houston. One is 1990 Post Oak Boulevard and the other address is 4300 Scotland Street. Which address should I use for sending my passsports. Please help.

Did you find your answer? Also, did the consulate send you an email advising you to send passports?

Comment

It looks like CGI Houston relocated to its own builing at 4300 Scotland Street during the last week of August.

Comment

Hi mprakasam,
        Did you send your passport to "4300 Scotland Street"? or to "1990 Post Oak Boulevard".
        Do we need to send Indian Passport also?, My India passport is cancelled and Surender Cerificate is received before applying OCI.

Comment

Send it to:

Attn: OCI
          Consulate General Of India Houston
          4300 Scotland Street
          Houston, TX - 77007

Here is the email I got from them last week advising me to send US and Indian Passports.
          ============================================================ ==========

Sir/Madam,

Please refer to your application for Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI).

We are happy to inform you that your application for OCI and ‘U’ Visa has been approved and the OCI Card/s with the U Visa/s has/have been received by us from India.

You are requested to send your original US passport for stamping the “U” Visa and the Indian Passport(where applicable) for verification by mail. Though the Indian passport is cancelled we need to verify it, so please do enclose it. In case you are a PIO card holder, pls send your PIO card for cancellation.

In case you have not already paid the return fee, please send a Cashier’s cheque or a money order for $ 20/- payable to “Consulate General of India, Houston” to return your Passport and OCI Card by express mail.

In case you want to come and collect the OCI cards in person, pls give your passports at the counter between 9am and 12:30pm and collect then between 4pm and 5pm.

Pls. mail the documents to the NEW address given below, " Attention: OCI "

Thanks,

OCI Section

Consulate General Of India Houston
          4300 Scotland Street

Houston, TX - 77007
          Telephone 713-626-2148, 713-626-2149
          Fax: 713-626-2450, 713-627-2034, 713-993-9347
          ============================================================ =

Comment

Scotland Street is the new address.

Look at /indian-consulate-in-houston/
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X