Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On H1-B and DWI case pending and visiting India

Hi,
    I am on H1-B visa and visa is stamped already but i have an DWI case and its pending, first hearing is in October and I have vacation trip planned to India in December. Will i face any problem while coming back to US.
    I have a class B misdemeanor case for drunk and drive.

Please help me with this.

Thanks a lot.....

please help me out.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
      please help me out.......
      Hi,

i am in the same situation, could you please share your experience about DWI case pending and visiting India, Below is my DUI issue

Hi, On April 1st 2013 i got Arrested for my first DUI( BAC .117) in Michigan , the case is still in Process
      and I have to go to India for 3 weeks on April 20 2013 will return back on May 12th 2013. I have my H1 active until Sept 30th 2013 so I don't have to go for a Visa stamping
      but will i have an issue at the POE??? or please suggest me if i am going to face any other Problems while entering USA or do i need to carry any court related documents ?
      Even if the DUI case is still pending by the time i am leaving US to india and coming back to US does this bother me entering USA?, Does this DUI case will be updated in the immigration System when it is pending or closed ?
      I have hired a Criminal lawyer who is taking care of this issue, Is it advisible to go india when the DUI case is still pending or in process
      I know i made this stupid DUI mistake but on a URGENT basis i have to go to india and come back.

Please let me know if somebody had the similar kind of experience and give me your advice/suggesstions

regards

Comment

When you return from a foreign country, your visa will only allow you to apply for admission. Having a valid visa does not guarantee admission, especially if you have criminal charges pending. I would strongly recommend discussing your situation with an immigration attorney prior to traveling so you could apply for a waiver, if necessary.

Comment

did you came back how was ur experience ?/

did you came back how was ur experience ?/

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
          Hi,
          I am on H1-B visa and visa is stamped already but i have an DWI case and its pending, first hearing is in October and I have vacation trip planned to India in December. Will i face any problem while coming back to US.
          I have a class B misdemeanor case for drunk and drive.

Please help me with this.

Thanks a lot.....

Comment

DUI Pending - H1B stamping needed

Can you share your experience?

I have a DUI (case pending, not convicted yet) - can i travel to India and get H1B stamped?
            Any one with experience would help

Comment

DUI in India

I got a DUI in INDIA after I got an F1 visa, for which i had to go to the court and pay a fine and was let off
              Now the real question, I completed one year of masters from US and now back home in india
              I'm getting worried that DUI in INDIA will haunt me forever, will it anyway effect me in my H1B and green card process?
              Please let me know if you have any idea?
              thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X