I am F-1 status Russian citizen finishing my undergrad this Winter year 2011. My OPT starts on Dec 23, 2011. I have recently got my Canadian Green Card approved. Now I have Canadian visa in my passport until February 2012, so I can land in Canada to pick up my Green Card.
When and how is the best way to pick up my Canadian Green Card so I am still able to come back to US?
-Should I go while I am still a student?
- Should I go once my OPT starts (after Dec23)?
- Can I get my F-1 visa stamp in Canada or I have to travel to Russia?
- Can enter back as a Canadian resident? And do I need a visa then?
- Can I receive my Canadian Green Card at Canadian embassy in the US?
- I have being in the States for 5 years without leaving the country.
- I entered on J-1 visa and switched to F-1 status within the country.
- My original J-1 visa is not a subject to 2-year rule.
- I already have a job lined up in the US upon my graduation, so on April 1st my employer plans to file my H-1B.
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!