L1B to green card (EB2 category) questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B to green card (EB2 category) questions

I work as a systems engineer. I have an offer to work in the US office with my current employer which I have been working with for 3 years. They will send me over on a L1B. I want to know my changes to getting a green card. In particular I am wondering if I would be eligible to apply in EB2 category as the status is current for my country.

The USCIS says the following about the Advanced Degree Category under EB2

Description
    The job you apply for must require an advanced degree and you must possess such a degree or its equivalent (a baccalaureate degree plus 5 years progressive work experience in the field).

Evidence
    Documentation, such as an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. advanced degree or a foreign equivalent degree, or an official academic record showing that you have a U.S. baccalaureate degree or a foreign equivalent degree and letters from current or former employers showing that you have at least 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate work experience in the specialty.

1) how do I know if my job is in the category of eligible jobs that can apply for GC in EB2
    2) more or less the same question. About the job description, how is it determined that the job I do requires a bachelor degree and 5 years work experience? Is this based on how the job is advertised or another way.
    3) as PERM needs to be filed for EB2 category it states that "the experience with the current employer does not count" Does this mean including the time that one has worked for the company from the country they are coming from or only the time that one has been working with the company in the US that does not count. For example if one has 2 years work experience in company A and 3 years in company B and company B is going to sponsor for L1B after after these initial 3 years and after one year of working in the US the company applies for GC.Can the time that one has worked for company B in the first three years be accounted as work experience or can only the 2 years worked for company A be considered as work experience according to PERM requirements?

I have a bachelors degree in CS and 6 years experience which 3 years of them is with the company that is going to send me over.

Please help me out

L1B to EB2 GC

I have the exact same situation - could someone please comment?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X