Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waiting for uscis response after aos marriage interview ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for uscis response after aos marriage interview ?

Dear Friends,
    We went for our AOS marriage interview on august 18, 2011 in Baltimore USCIS office. the IO went straight to the interview steps, we were interviewed separated. we pretty much matched the answers which was based in our life together and personal information. The IO took the I-94 but not my EAD. At the end didn't say approved or not approved. Just wait for the mail. No updates online, no letters, it has been more than a month. What should we expect ? do we have to wait more time or contact them ? it's just such an anguish and permanent distress. Any input of similar experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Originally posted by ATHEROS View Post
    Dear Friends,
    We went for our AOS marriage interview on august 18, 2011 in Baltimore USCIS office. the IO went straight to the interview steps, we were interviewed separated. we pretty much matched the answers which was based in our life together and personal information. The IO took the I-94 but not my EAD. At the end didn't say approved or not approved. Just wait for the mail. No updates online, no letters, it has been more than a month. What should we expect ? do we have to wait more time or contact them ? it's just such an anguish and permanent distress. Any input of similar experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    AS you were separated it was a stokes interview so they wanted to make sure your answers were the same as they had doubts about your relationship. All you can do is wait but as it has been 30 days I would call and see what is happening. Not fair to keep your life on hold . He let you keep EAD so you can work so make a call and speak to a service person and get some answers
    Last edited by barbarajlw; 09-23-2011, 10:27 AM.

Comment

This happened to us too. We are in Texas.
      Our interview was together. They asked him questions like when his last date of entry was.. and just basic questions about his case
      The officer took his I 94 but not his passport. Our interview was Aug 30. We went on Tuesday to inquire about our case. They told me that they do not update on line as to progress or status. The lady told me that we will have to wait. It could take 90 days.. or even years...
      So we are going to wait for 90 days and see what happens.

Comment

Dear Friend,
        Same thing happened to me also. My interview was on Aug 24, 2011 and every thing went well. the IO gave me a letter stating "Your file is for further review" we will send you a decision within
        60 days. He kept our couple of photos and I-94 (This is for me and My son-marriage based AOS) and he write on passport I-485pending.
        Still I am waiting but last week I got a letter stating our I-130 approved, when I checked online at USCIS website it still says 'initial review' and for I-485 it says 'Testing and Interview".
        When I contact my attorney he said wait for couple months then we can tak info pass.

Waiting is nerve wreking, everyday stress and tension.

Hope you, me and every body gonna be fine.

Comment

Hi Zoom123
          Did you get your greencard yet?
          Am also in the same situation, I had the interview 08/24/2011, I havent heard or recieved anything from them yet. I opened an SR 2 weeks ago hoping to wake them up. By the way my interview was in Sacramento.
          Thanks

Comment

AOS - No decission yet

Hi,
            I am also in a same boat. I made an info pass on Nov 10,2011 and went with my attorney. The IO at infopass checked the system and he went to the section where my file is located and gave me a letter stating my case is in " Security clearance/review". Then after I didn't get any thing.
            Now I made another Info Pass appointment which will be on Feb 14,2012.
            Lets see what they gonna say this time.
            If you got any outcome please let me know. Did you got approval of I-130?
            Thanks
            [email protected]
            Last edited by zoom123; 02-10-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

No. The last time my 1-130 was touched was when they sent the NOA. The last time my 1-485 was touched was the day of my interview. I havent recieved any response after the SR. Am thinking of making an infopass appt next month. Where was your interview? Has your 1-485 been approved?
              Thanks

Comment

My interview was on Aug 24 and I got I-130 approval letter on Aug 29, 2011. I am waiting for my I-485.
                I made info pass on NOV 10,2011 and the IO said it's in security clearance.
                Again last week on Feb 14, 2012 I went through with info pass and my attorney also with me.
                The infopass IO is so good and she knows the attorney too. She checked my file and she also checked another system where official remarks will be made.
                She said the intereview officer should approve my I-485. She took my I-130 copies and she said that there is a comments on my file that immigration officeal might visit my location.(This is unofficial comments she said to my attorney and told me to be ready if they showed up at my location) But they never showed up in 7 months.
                That's it, she gave me a paper and put comments A file should be process. She said If the immigration officails don't showed up within two months then come back.

My attorney and I checked with other attorney who I know said it is a wierd case, if the officials have to visit my home first of all why the interview officer approved I-130? (He approved means he is satisfied with our bonafied marriage)
                After interview he gave me a letter stating my file is for further review, he didn't check the boxes where it says another interview required or immigration officials visit our home etc.
                My interview was in Federal Plaza, New York.

I am totally confussed and frustrated.
                Last edited by zoom123; 02-21-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

I recieved a response for my SR, they said they are working on my case and I should contact them if I dont hear anything in 6 months. Is this just a general message? could I also be stuck in security checks?
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lilac2014 View Post
                    I recieved a response for my SR, they said they are working on my case and I should contact them if I dont hear anything in 6 months. Is this just a general message? could I also be stuck in security checks?
                    Thanks
                    Hi lilac2014,
                    Could you please help me some information?
                    did you interview second time? when do you interview for second time 96 months or 9 months)?
                    I saw your firstime in August 18, 2011.
                    thank you so much

Comment

Originally posted by ATHEROS View Post
                      Dear Friends,

Thank you
                      Dear ATHEROS,
                      I'm going to interview in some days, could you please help me and share your experience what did they ask you in interviewed separated?
                      or you may email me: [email protected]
                      I really appreciate about that.
                      Thank you so much and look forward from you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X