Am seeking some advice regarding I485 application.
Am am H1B and wife on H4. My priority date just became current in the October 2011 bulletin and I am looking forward to applying for AOS. The problem is that my wife is in India taking care of some important affairs and wont be back until December 3rd.
My lawyer told me if I apply there is a small chance that my green card will arrive in 2 months (before Dec 3rd) and if that happends my wife wont be able to return on H4 and will have to apply for councellar processing.
My question is what are the chances of my green card actually arriving in 2 months? If the chances are good I certainly will wait and apply together but it its a very small chance then I might consider applying since if I loose in the next 6 months given the economy atleast I wont have to start application from scratch.
Also if I apply are there steps I can track online so if I feel the green card might be approved I can just have her get on the next flight and come back so she can enter on h4 and apply for AOS while in the US.
Appreciate any advice.