3 week yoga Course -Student or Tourist + Immigration says Neither

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 week yoga Course -Student or Tourist + Immigration says Neither

From Reading the FAQ's on Tourist Visa's it would seem that Travel to India ( once or twice a year) for purposes of attending a 3-4 week Yoga Course would NOT qualify for either a Tourist nor a Student Category Visa. I know personally 100's of Yoga Students travel to India each year for just that purpose and do so under a Tourist Visa Status. However it states that a Tourist Visa is " granted for visiting India for recreations, sight seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives, etc. NO other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa". I certainly would NOT consider Yoga as being a recreation activity NOR would the Senior Yoga Teachers of India. Yoga as taught in India is much more than asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing). SO, which would be the correct Visa in this case?

Secondary Question: A Tourist Visa ( 6 months or 180 days) states that Registration is NOT required and yet some Yoga Schools state it is definitely required EVEN when I show them the statement on the Visa. I hate adding to the paper chase pile of having to fill out forms in triplicate, plus submit a copy of Visa / Passport and / or photo id when I know it is NOT required.

Suggestions / Comments on either of above would be appreciated from someone in a position knowledge. Thank You.

A 3 wk yoga course is recreation.......duh
    Either you can simply accept it or dont go to india as there is no other visa category.
    Just go to the nearest station and register thats all you need, as non-indian citizen you need to register what ever the visa may say. only OCI's are exempt form it
    Last edited by ravi_niu; 10-19-2011, 04:40 PM.
    F3
    My priority date - June 7, 2002

F3 Watch List for active members

Feb2003/Clearvision = February 2003 - GOOD LUCK!
    diva / sasif / pike = March 2003
    Puddy = April 2003
    hfsitumo2001 = May 05, 2003
    butter = November 23, 2003

chsingh = June 2004
    krish_84 = November 2004
    zaga14 = = November 8, 2004

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}