My H1B and I94 expires on Jan 13th 2012. If my H1 extension is initiated and filed by my employer and decision is pending, is it still possible for my husband's company to initiate my Change of Status (COS) from H1 to H4 based on his current H1B/I94(valid till 2014)?
If yes, How many days in advance should I apply for COS from H1 to H4? How long will it take to get a decision on the COS?
If it is possible to apply for COS from H1 to H4 while my H1B Extension is still pending,
1) If my COS to H4 gets approved while H1 extension is still pending,
a) What is my status if H1 also gets approved later?
b) What is my status if H1 gets rejected later?
2) If my H1 extension gets approved while COS from H1 to H4 is still pending, can I withdraw my application for COS to H4?
a) What is my status if COS to H4 also gets approved later?
b) What is my status if COS to H4 gets rejected later?
3) If my H1 extension gets rejected while COS from H1 to H4 is still pending, what is my status? can I continue to stay in the US?
4) If my H1 extension gets rejected and then the COS to H4 gets approved, what will my status be? Can I continue to stay in the US based on my approved H4 or should I travel outside US and reenter with a new visa?