H1B Premium processing Receipt times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Premium processing Receipt times

My docs for H1b premium processing were sent to Vermont processing center on Oct 1st (Have the tracking which says that the docs reached the center at Oct 1st noon). Still havent received the receipt notice. Does anyone have idea of how long would it take to get the receipt number?

The time frame to receive the receipt notice for premium processing case is same as the normal processing cases (2 weeks from the date of receipt). The only difference is that for a premium processing case, the lawyer will receive the receipt notice by email first and later the original receipt notice will arrive by post.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

my employer told me today stating that the checks were cleared....but the attorney hasn't received the receipt number in e-mail.....the checks have a receipt number on them but not readable,,,,does this mean they have started processing my h1? and a receipt number has been generated...

Comment

Yes.

Originally posted by PriyaaMohan View Post
        my employer told me today stating that the checks were cleared....but the attorney hasn't received the receipt number in e-mail.....the checks have a receipt number on them but not readable,,,,does this mean they have started processing my h1? and a receipt number has been generated...

Comment

receipt times

Hi Shervin,

I am just trying to understand your statement -

"The time frame to receive the receipt notice for premium processing case is same as the normal processing cases (2 weeks from the date of receipt). The only difference is that for a premium processing case, the lawyer will receive the receipt notice by email first and later the original receipt notice will arrive by post".

In premium processing when will the email receipt notice come. Will it come earlier than 2 weeks like say after a week and the original receipt notice arriving by post that would come at 2 weeks. Is this time frame approximately correct. Also the Overnight Fedex Courier receipt notice could be there in 1-2 days right. In this case I could start working for the new Company even within 1-2 days right.

Can you please reply.

Regards,

Ps: I am not hijacking the thread. And since my question is relevant to this thread I am posting it here.

Comment

FedEx receipt notice means nothing and you should not rely on that to join the new employer. The receipt notice from USCIS is the acknowledgement that they have received and accepted your application for transfer. Your application would have reached USCIS overnight. But the receipt notice is generated only when your information is entered in their system. Once that happens, the lawyer who filed the petition should receive the receipt notice by email and later the original receipt notice should arrive by post within 2 weeks.

Originally posted by infoqry View Post
            Hi Shervin,

I am just trying to understand your statement -

"The time frame to receive the receipt notice for premium processing case is same as the normal processing cases (2 weeks from the date of receipt). The only difference is that for a premium processing case, the lawyer will receive the receipt notice by email first and later the original receipt notice will arrive by post".

In premium processing when will the email receipt notice come. Will it come earlier than 2 weeks like say after a week and the original receipt notice arriving by post that would come at 2 weeks. Is this time frame approximately correct. Also the Overnight Fedex Courier receipt notice could be there in 1-2 days right. In this case I could start working for the new Company even within 1-2 days right.

Can you please reply.

Regards,

Ps: I am not hijacking the thread. And since my question is relevant to this thread I am posting it here.

Comment

Originally posted by PriyaaMohan View Post
              I am not sure who is your employer. You must and should ask for the email they (or the attorney) received from uscis. IIRC it is also mentioned that the email was sent, on the 'Acceptance' section on uscis site. All your details that the mail contains should be verified. You have to be very careful with a certain category of employers. I have a certain fried who was given someone else's EAC number and based on that he resigned. Though it was all good later on, but there are tricks everyone employs
              This is my opinion. Not a legal advice

Comment

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the reply and the clarification.

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by happybuddha View Post
                  I am not sure who is your employer. You must and should ask for the email they (or the attorney) received from uscis. IIRC it is also mentioned that the email was sent, on the 'Acceptance' section on uscis site. All your details that the mail contains should be verified. You have to be very careful with a certain category of employers. I have a certain fried who was given someone else's EAC number and based on that he resigned. Though it was all good later on, but there are tricks everyone employs
                  This kind of details is helpful. But I am not sure the company would forward the attorneys email unless they are very fair. Best thing for anyone is if possible wait for having the H1-approval before joining new company.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X