Moving to India - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to India - Question

My name is Sai and I want to find out my options of settling down in India with my US born kids. My self and my wife were born in India and are Indian Citizens. Our kids were born in US and hold US passports. Based on my research, I believe they are not eligible for OCI cards. They do have PIO cards but since this is a permanent move to India for good, I would like to avoid the hassle of reporting back to the local police authorities every 6 months for PIO card validation/extension. Is there any other way to work through this ? Please advise.

No. You can't get OCI for them.

Another possible option might be to give US citizenship and have only Indian citizenship at some point.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the response. This seems to a pretty tough option. I heard that foreign nationals need not register their stay over 180 days if they are 16 years or younger. Can you please confirm?

Comment

I think it is 14.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Do you know where can I check (the rule/law book) whether it is 14 or 16?
          So if my son after turning 14 or 16 if he wants to continue living in India should we register with Indian police every 6 months or is it enough to do it once ? Probably you may understand this better, dealing with local police on a periodic basis may prove to be a pain. Thanks.

Comment

Any response to my post will be appreciated. Based on this I need to make a few life/career changing decisions.

Comment

It is 16

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X